Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm in the process of making my four-wheeler street legal and I'm looking for a speedometer for my Raptor but all I can find is either a vapor speedometer or a bike one. I don't really want to spend over $100 on a vapor or something like that. But I'm not sure how accurate the bike speedometers are. I'd like to find just a simple speedometer. Any ideas would be awesome!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Take an afternoon and follow a buddy in a car at varying speeds. It doesn't take long to figure out what gear and thumb position each speed is. That's what I did in Montana, worked well, rode quite a bit on the street for 3 years without a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good idea... I'll have to try that. I still wouldn't mind finding a cheap speeometer but for the time, that would work. Thanks!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah best cost vs. Benefit :) in the mean time, I would look for a used vapor on eBay or craigslist.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If you have a smartphone you can mount it to the handlebars and many either come with built in navigation or have apps available for displaying speed.

Accuracy on the bicycle speedometers varies, and gets worse the faster you go in most cases. Specs should be available on the box or manual of the devices you're looking at though.

·
Registered
376 Posts
+1 on the Smartphone apps for speed. I use mine in mine and my buddy's trucks all the time to compensate for the oversized tires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a really good idea.. I'll probably do that for now. and just kind of keep looking for an actual speedometer. Now I need to find something to mount my iPhone to the handlebars.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Pro armor make some really cool billet cases........but I guess they're gonna be close to Vapor money. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts