Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a couple bombardier ds650's and they beat me pretty easy. we were racing on sand. i have the big three on my quad(gytr full exhaust, quadworks, and gytr intake). he claimed he only had a smaller sprocket on the front and was using 14 paddle haulers to get that much out of it. i am running 10 paddle haulers. his were like 24 or 26, mine are 22 * 11 * 8. so is he full of crap or do the ds650's do that well stock. the sprockets on mine are 13/38.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Only the ignorant or the lying run 25" 14 paddle haulers for a stock DS.

Though you likely have more tire than you need as well.

Stock DS isn't slow, but to have one spank you as it sounds like he did seems out of proportion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats what i was thinking he was lying. what do you think would be a good tire for me? also would you suggest me going with a bigger front sprocket?

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had a ds650 before my raptor and it was modded pretty good and i got beat beat by a stock 700 on pavement. I can tell you stock raptor against stock ds650 raptor will win everytime ,otherwise i would still have my ds650. heres a video of me racing my buddies ds650 his was piped,jetted,and intake with K&N. I had exhaust,pc3,& gytr intake. needless to say he was not happy,however still wont buy nothing but a ds650.lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
I dont know what gear you were launching in but you should have crushed him. I launch in 2nd or 3rd depending on the traction. If this dude is running 14 paddle haulers and he is beating you, he is not stock. You have to have a ton of HP to win a race with 14 paddles.

·
Registered
863 Posts
It looks like its a long distance. but actually less than 300' plus that mud was real thick and goopy. I launched in 2nd and shifted through 4th,but didnt really need to give it anymore cause i was already off the throttle and on brakes before you can see him back in the video.

Why did it look like you were going so slow in part 1, looked like no traction maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts