Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys? Need some help just got my brand new 06 450 shocks put them on and went for a quick blast over some whoops just did feel right seem like the bike was pulling left to right i real had to lean back on the quad to stay in control. Before i start changing the setting I was seeing if you guys can give me some idea so i am not spending all day trying to get the right set up. I am 6ft1in 230 with gear type of riding i do is fast trail riding and some mx not a hole lot maybe 2 to 3 races a year. I run 30 plus and C-class. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I really cant help you on settings since I come in at a whopping 135 but The best thing to do is to just play around with it. Everyone has their own preferences so someone elses settings may get you in a close range you should always try them out and tune them yourself. I always find a decent set of whoops and a nice size jump and play around on them till I get it all dialed in. That way the bike is all you. 8)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool got that how about the other setting .I think the preload is at the top to make the shock harder or softer. And at the bottom of the shock is the rebound which is how fast you want the front end to come up. So how many clicks give or take on both setting. I might be wrong what i am saying if so let me know thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The preload is the spring. To increase the preload you must loosen the big lock washer holding the spring in place. The compression screw in on the rezzie and the rebound screw is at the bottom end of the shock.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I ran yfz's all last summer at the track. No matter what setting I tried the front end would want to dart all over in the woops and braking bumps. Once you find something that somewhat satisfies you, the best rule of thumb is to wheelie at and thru the rough stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts