Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given all the confusion around the '07 GYTR package on the 700r, I was hoping someone could let me know what style of rear shock the GYTR model has. Per the specs, it is supposed to have a piggy back style like the SE model, which is an upgrade over the standard 700r. But I haven't actually seen one in the showroom yet. Can anyone confirm what style rear shock the GYTR has?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
All 700r have piggy back shocks on the rear. The new 700 se and the gytr models have the up graded piggy backs that are more adjustable according to all the articles i have read.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
......yeah, I think he is wondering if the new high/low speed compression damping is actually on both. There is a lot of confusion on what "actually" comes on the gytr model!

.............I am not sure if it does or does not....havnt see one yet.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
According to the spec sheet on the gytr model on Yamahas web site it does have the high/low speed compression damping for the front and rear.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
......according to there site it also comes with a bunch of other crap that it doesnt! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
oh.....look at that. They fixed it! Now they have it right, and I dont see anything about the rear shock! Now it just says yfz style front shocks.....but nothing about the rear! the took out the crap about the skids and nerfs. When it first came out it was suppose to have all that it has now plus skids, a GYTR slipon exhaust and nerfs!

Guess that answers your question....the SE comes with front and rear high/low speed comp damping.....the gytr just comes with the front shocks that are on the SE and the standard rear piggyback:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TEXAS700 said:
According to the spec sheet on the gytr model on Yamahas web site it does have the high/low speed compression damping for the front and rear.

Where did you read that the GYTR model came with the adjustable high/low speed comp damping? I sure cant find it!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
look at the specifications on the gytr under rear shock.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
HA HA HA HA HA.......good call man! That is the ONLY place it says anything about it.....so who knows if it "actually" comes with it.
On the SE version it says it everywhere! The advertising for this GYTR version has been a total butt f**k!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have a website where i can order the 07 se shocks from?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You are not going to want to do that. Those shocks cost as much as a nice pair of elka's, works, or ishocks.....damn near as much as ohlins.
If I remember right, the regular 06 yfz shocks went for like $350-$400 per shock.....maybe more....been a long time! I dont even want to know how much they want for the new high/low speed comp damping ones! You will probably just have to wait to get some used or something....that or buy aftermarket!

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW! Didnt know they were going to be that much. Thanks BOOM

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah.....they think they are extra special and want the big $$$$$$$ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeap that is why you keep an eagle eye on e-bay and wait for some one who is loaded and wants to ditch there brand new stock shocks and upgrade. Then you bid against all the other suckers that want them to! I hope I never ride a bike that has a kick ass suspension on it, cause then I won't know what I am missing! LOL

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I just went back over to yamaha AGAIN....and looked at the gallery photos. The GYTR edition in the picture is shown with the black resi rear shock that looks just like the one on the SE raptor.
I dont know.....maybe it does?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Bush Pilot, you wouldn't happen to be from Alaska would you? Dumb question.... Do other states have bush pilots?

·
Registered
64 Posts
yup, i live in big lake.... trying to find someone to ride with me. I got a buddy with a baja but he cant really keep up. trying to talk my friend into the raptor 350.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts