Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a 2007 GYTR edition with a DG X2 pipe. I don't know if it is a full system or slip on.

I've been told this exhaust is very loud. I don't like being loud and pissing people off. Can anyone speak to how loud it is? What would be the lowest cost way to quiet it down? I checked the DG site but didn't see any quiet inserts for it.

Also, since it has this exhaust on it, is some sort of engine management mandatory? If so, where would I find it on the machine to confirm this thing has been properly modded?

I'm sure these seem like silly questions. I'm not new to ATVs/dirt bikes but I have zero experience with Raptors.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
look under the seat for the fuel controller.. A loud pipe is all in the riders hand, ie if you are an ass and run around at WOT in the parking lot with a loud pipe you are an ass. If you go slow and cruse around the parking lot then it's not so bad.. I have a Sparks BC X6 and it is very LOUD I just know when to get on it and when not to...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
look under the seat for the fuel controller.. A loud pipe is all in the riders hand, ie if you are an ass and run around at WOT in the parking lot with a loud pipe you are an ass. If you go slow and cruse around the parking lot then it's not so bad.. I have a Sparks BC X6 and it is very LOUD I just know when to get on it and when not to...
Around here some riding areas simply won't let you ride with a machine that is too loud. On some trails you can get a hefty fine from the DNR.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Most of the time the controller is put under the seat in the relay area. I put mine in the air box so i dont have to worry about it. So check the air box also.

If hes serious of having a controller ask him where it is if u cant find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts