Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i am a previuos raptor 660 owner and am ready to step up to a NEW 07 700.
My question is to all you GYT-R owners i have been to two seperate dealers looking to purchase.
they all seem to have a black dirt like substance around the edges of the decals. Is this normal???
Will it wash off? I cant see spending 7000.00 on somthing that looks shitty. Also they both seem to have been ridin. Theres dirt on the fenders. The guy says a previous customer rode it around the building three times. The first one i looked at had the decals all on shitty, They were peeling and or had bubbles in them and were on crooked i refused to buy that one. Now the second one im buying out of state because i couldnt find another. Im going to purchase it sight unseen cause it s a 2 hour drive. The salesman told me it had dirt around the edges of the decals like the other one i saw. He said theres no scrathes anywhere but theres dirt under the fenders from the ride around the building. well i will be upset if i drive 2 hours and its not what i expect. I will just refuse to buy it and look around some more. But i wanna ride!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Hmmm... The ones Ive looked at in showrooms here dont have anything like that at all on them.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i don't know what to tell you, vehicles get test driven,and dirt will happen when your riding in dirt, and your decals will most likely get a bubble or 2 over time, i know you want 100% perfect brand new, buuuutttt, you might be being to picky , dirt around the decal is just dirt that should be able to wash off, i wouldn't keep passing up on minor imperfections since most this stuff will occur anyways, again i see why you want perfect but you'll be alot happier once your actually on the quad. but that's just me... :thumbsup:
good luck on your 2 hr drive, hope it's not as dirty as the one you just passed up....

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have a 07 gytr and yes they had dirt around the edges but i washed them off i also having decal bubbles but my dealer is going to warranty them so big deal but yes they was off far as the dirt on edges mine is a week old and i just rode it today for the first time i had a 05 660 and i am so happy with the new 07 has alot of power compared to my modified 660 u will be truly excited it has so much power stock i cant wait to put my 3 mods on an 15 tooth sprocket :grin_nod: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for taking the time to answer me guys. I was just curious if it would wash off or not. I will be purchasing mine after new years. Hey rvrrappy when you say the dealer warrenty them does that mean they will be replacing the bubbled decals at no cost? If so thats not a bad deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine has the black too. A little solvent takes it right off. There should be no bubbles. I wouldn't buy one that has been rode unless it is sold used. Also, I have bigger problem with the decals. They extend up under the seat where your thigh goes and the constant pushing down from the seat removes the decal with very little riding. Bad deal. Need to be replaced under warranty.
On a brighter note, I beat every quad that I could tell was stock and many that weren't at Gordon's Well yesterday and today.
The thing is a BLAST!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Interesting. I've noticed the decals peeling off the front fenders on two of those GYTR edition quads at dealerships in my area. I thought they didn't care enough to put them on properly - that's what it looks like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes thats what i was told but me friend owns the dealership but on the other hand he was not aware of it that i asked his employees are taking care of it for me but when i bought my 660 in 05 i had decal probs and they took care of it for me dont feel bad about being picky u r going to pay alot of money for this quad so it should b perfect u should b the one to screw up the decals not some one else :thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I Watched my GYTR come out of the crate and the tech putting it together . I was the First to even sit on my Raptor. My Raptor Does not have the problems you are talking about. Decals are on really good..........Sure If you looked real hard a bad spot or two could be found.
But The black you talk about, There is nothing on my GYTR like that.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
A local mechanic told me that they have to put the GYTR decals on at the dealer. If you don't know what you are doing when applying graphics it can come out looking like ass.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it is true when they dealership put together they put the stickers on at the dealership which mean they have so dork that dose not care put them on thats what happened to mine and they ordered me new stickers

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hate when dem dorks dose dat.. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
60 Posts
i got my 700r out of the crate myself........i got to help put it togeather mines the 07 gytr edtion but i wated till i got home to put on the graphics cause i cut all the writing off cause i wanted to be different!

·
Registered
60 Posts
the dealer ship cut some off the price if i left the heel gaurds and front bumper off........and i always take the heel gaurds off ne way and i didnt like the front bumper.........im gonna put the ris design front bumper on it.........i try to stay light weight cause its gonna be a drag bike!

·
Registered
50 Posts
rebel rock that look different pretty cool and different. as for rap it up why dont u try to be more of a dick :wave-finger:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dynofun said:
I wouldn't buy one that has been rode unless it is sold used.
Yup. No telling what it has been through. Run=used (to me).

Dealership guys could run it every day or night and beat on it like a red-headed stepchild, and it's still look like "only a test drive around the building".

Either it's brand-spankin'-ass-showroom-new, or it is a used bike. So be real careful with the sight unseen negotiations.

·
Registered
865 Posts
NICK said:
i don't know what to tell you, vehicles get test driven,and dirt will happen when your riding in dirt, and your decals will most likely get a bubble or 2 over time, i know you want 100% perfect brand new, buuuutttt, you might be being to picky , dirt around the decal is just dirt that should be able to wash off, i wouldn't keep passing up on minor imperfections since most this stuff will occur anyways, again i see why you want perfect but you'll be alot happier once your actually on the quad. but that's just me... :thumbsup:
good luck on your 2 hr drive, hope it's not as dirty as the one you just passed up....
MAN!!!!! AROUND HERE YOU CANT TEST DRIVE QUADS OR DIRT BIKES

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.