Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know if you guys have had any problems with the raptors. im either going to get the 700r or ltz400 but want to get the raptor. anything i need to know of?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Theres a lot you need to know but the only thing you need to know is BUY A RAPTOR. Why waste your money on a 400 when you can buy a 700 for about the same price give or take a few $$$. -- WOODY

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the site...... :thumbsup: Get the Raptor we are the best Raptor forum period !! :grin_nod:

I've only owned mine a few months, no troubles at all.... ;)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Bro i have had mine for almost a year now and have around 50 or so hours on it. I havent had one problem with it beside me hitting shit with it. Oh i have the 06 SE so its the fastest by far of any of the raptors. its the yellow that makes it fast. LMAO -- WOODY

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i want to get the white and blue. its that i have a 250 ozark rite now and i cant keep up wit my friends. ive ridden a trx the whole day i love the speed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
deff go with the raptor, i bought mine in Nov, and its my 1st sport quad and i love it, and have no problems with it. i dont ever see anyone posting about main problems either.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yeah bro im with woody. buy the raptor. i have crazy hrs on mine and its still runnin strong.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Two words.... BUY IT. I have one, its my first quad i've owned. I've ridden others but this thing is just a torque and speed monster. Fun in the dirt... I am going to sand in May, im sure this will just confirm even more that this was the right purchase. 8)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Why have hamburger when you can have steak? Definitely buy the Raptor. You won't have to worry about your friends leaving you anymore, it'll be the other way around. 8)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
The 400 is a good quad and was on my short list when I bought a quad last year but Im sure glad I talked my self into the 700 now.

Get a 700 you wont regret it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I own both quads and though the Z400 is a little more comfortable to ride, the 700 is a hell of alot more fun to ride. Get the 700 you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
And I'll add:

If you can afford it (and you aren't going Elka shopping day one anyways), look for an SE or GYTR. In my opinion, the suspension upgrade is totally worth it.

If buying used you can probably find one with mods a lot less than new. I found an '06 with the big three already done with a trailer for almost 2k under what I spent on my '07.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The white is faster...it has less coloring to drag it down...hee hee.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'd say it depends on you, your experience and responsibility. I have a KFX400 (same as the LTZ400) and a Raptor. The rappy is in a whole different league when compared to a 400, and they can get you in trouble if your not capable of handling the power/speed.

With that being said, after riding the Raptor for the first/second day camping I got on the 400 and pulled a hill, got back down, gave it back to the wife and said this thing needs some performance upgrades, got back on the raptor and took off.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If anything, I just went from a Raptor 350 to the 700. I know it has major power, but I've also riden the YFZ450 and it was powerful too. The 700 rides very smooth and I like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts