Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Raptor 700 with a slip on HMF Exhaust with stock filter with the lid on the box. I have heard many say to put the EFI on if you modify the bike. I messed around for a little bit and after having to replace my old spark plug because of it not starting up and back firing in the process (plug was black as could be) I decided I did need to put a EFI on there. Now I know most put the PowerCommander on theirs but is the extra 100 dollars worth it? If so, why? Otherwise I'll keep the extra money and go with a LEXX, Dobek, Cobra, etc. Any recommendations are appreciated. Let me know what you and your buddies have so I can make the best decision! Thanks!
-Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey i have the exact same setup as you do ... HMF slip-on with stock airbox and lid on !... i had trouble deciding on what fuel controller to get ... but i went with the powercommander 3 ... youl have trouble finding maps for just the HMF slip-on but i use the LRD slip-on map and it works perfect .... no poping or backfiring or white plugs ... and some say that the dobeck style are easier to work with ... might be true but you can also tune the powercommander 3 the same way as the dobeck style if you wish with just the 3 "low" "mid" "high" settings.... so makes it just as easy to work with that others... i dont regret my purchase one bit ! ... just my 2 cents:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've just put on a Pro-flow air filter , Big Gun Eco slip-on & fuel controller.
The fuel controller was very easy to install , now I've just got to play around with the settings to find what works the best.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey i have the exact same setup as you do ... HMF slip-on with stock airbox and lid on !... i had trouble deciding on what fuel controller to get ... but i went with the powercommander 3 ... youl have trouble finding maps for just the HMF slip-on but i use the LRD slip-on map and it works perfect .... no poping or backfiring or white plugs ... and some say that the dobeck style are easier to work with ... might be true but you can also tune the powercommander 3 the same way as the dobeck style if you wish with just the 3 "low" "mid" "high" settings.... so makes it just as easy to work with that others... i dont regret my purchase one bit ! ... just my 2 cents:)
Thanks 700! Im sure the PC3 is worth it and everyone that has one seems to like it but I am thinking I may go with one of the cheaper ones. Just to keep it running right and keep it happy :) But i will remember the setting you used if I end up going with the PC3!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts