Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, also new to raptors and fuel injection. I have an 07 raptor 700r and it is stock becides pc5 and I have the exhaust insert out and air box lid off. I have loaded the correct map into the pc5. I have calibrated the TPS and reset the throttle correctly. I adjusted the valves, intake .10 and exhaust .18 and it has a new oem ngk spark plug. The trouble I am having is the raptor doesnt like to start right up without a little throttle. By the way idle has been set between 1400-1500rpm. Its only needing throttle to start cold. When it starts cold, the idle is high then low and it seems to struggle until warm. Nothing serious just noticeably different after pc5. Sometimes it will die when warming up. Temp here has been about 50. The next issue is I check the plug to see if i was lean or rich.. The plug was whitish after only 30 mins of running.. No tan or black only white ash looking. I'm going to say its running lean now with pc5. The map I have loaded is from the pc5 website for stock exhaust insert removed stock air box lid removed.. Those are my only mods. So could should i add fuel on the map? Where should i add fuel? All number up a couple or only certain numbers? I'm new to mapping. I know higher numbers add fuel.. Lower subtracts fuel. Maybe someone has a better map or could guide me on where to adjust fuel? That would be great and thank you for your time. Couple other things, it runs awesome when warm. No backfire on declaration and awesome throttle response. I think the map from the website is pretty close but maybe off at lower rpm and a little to lean throughout. today I noticed something really weird.. Maybe someone can help with this too.. When cold starting I have a high idle until warm and its not my TPS because i set that right and reset throttle to 0% for idle and the TPS is at .68 but heres the weird part.. When I have my headlights on I dont have high idle on cold start.. I stood there turning my headlights on and off and off I have high idle cold,on I have normal idle. What could cause this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that they do have high idle warming up. Its around 2500rpm when cold. But yes the headlight thing has me really botheted. Id like to figure it out. Any ideas on where to add fuel to the map? The plug is a little white but it seems to tun excelent becides when it dies warming up. I think its lean at idle and low rpm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Try bumping up your numbers by 5 in the far left column from 0 to 2000rpm and see if that helps. If you can post a screen shot of your fuel numbers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see a way to attach pictures here, maybe its because im new. I could post a video of the map and raptor running. Far left column at 0 throttle are all 0's all the way down. The map is from the powet commander website. At idle it says my duel adjust is about 5%

·
Registered
280 Posts
It sounds like the TPS may need to be adjusted if at idle and it shows fuel at 5%. Post a screen shot at idle. You need a few post to have access to post pictures.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you sure you dont have an air leak around the boot between the throttle body and head? Spray carb cleaner around the joints while its running. If the rpm dip when spraying, you have a vacuum leak. Raptors tend to be rich at idle without adding any fuel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When i can post pictures I'll post some. I haven't checked for air leaks but that's a good idea. I'll do that now and take some pics of the map running. But maybe I didn't say it right, the throttle position/percent is at 0 at idle after I adjusted the TPS and reset the throttle. I went through the calibration correctly and the TPS is at .68 so that should be ok. When I first ran the map the TPS was at .86 and my throttle percent was at 8 at idle so it idled very high at startup. But yes the far left columb is the 0 percent throttle and the fuel numbers there are all 0 and I havent changed anything with the map from power commander. I wish i could post a video of the headlight thing.. If I have my headlights on with a cold start it idles perfect but if I turn them off that is when it goes into high idle.. Maybe were dealing with some kind of electrical problem? Can i post links here? I could put a video on YouTube.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I meant was at around 5 was the fuel adjust not the throttle percent. Im not sure why the fuel adjust is saying 5% when my throttle percent says 0 and is at its 1400-1500 idle.. This whole thing is weird to me expecially the headlight poltergeist.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would need to see a screen shot to give you good advice. You can adjust the parameters of your TPS in the PCV and at idle it will show you at 2 or 5% throttle or more. With a screen shot at idle I could tell if it is misadjusted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont see a way to post pictures yet. Im going to put a video on YouTube of it right now and I will get back to you with a link as soon as its done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I made a video. Copy and paste that avove and you should be able to watch the video. The raptor did not do the weird headlight thing this time.. Weird. But other than a lean looking plug it seems to run fine. 2500 rpm range you can hear it sounds kinda rough sputtering like a backfire sound. Id be happy to try other maps if anyone had one or what could I change with the one I'm running. Let me know what you see and think of the video. Thanks for the help.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,581 Posts
Your headlight situation is prolly related to a bad ground. Try a jumper wire from battery ground to chassis ground and motor ground.

Did you set the TPS with a meter or the PC5 software? Thru the PC is preferred.

Did you connect the PC5 black wire to battery ground?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I never could see the %throttle number or all of the TPS calibration screen at idle. Need a picture of the whole screen in focus at idle with the TPS calibration screen open. The video was jumping around too much and could never see the full screen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll check my ground wires. I did notice a seperate issue that may be related to the headlights and idle issue. Sometimes when I push the start button it hesitates or I have to push the button real hard for it to crank. I know the battery is new but a cheep one and the grounds to the battery are good and yes I have the pc5 wired correctly. I'll check other grounds. I did calibrate the TPS through pc5 software. I couldnt get at the TPS wires without removing plastics and id like to not do that again sice ive had it apart several times here. I figured the pc5 would measure the TPS the same as a meter. Im sorry the video wasn't so clear. I'll post pictures if it ever lets me do so hete..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still dont see a way to post pictures. Ive been here a few days now and this has to be enough messages to be allowed pics. Just disregard this thread I wont be checking it anymore ive got some help somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
7,792 Posts
I still dont see a way to post pictures. Ive been here a few days now and this has to be enough messages to be allowed pics. Just disregard this thread I wont be checking it anymore ive got some help somewhere else.
Everyone in here trying to help and now there won't be a posted solution? How are you trying to post pics? I use the tapatalk feature on my phone and no issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well sorry im just new to forums. Glad i checked back. I downloaded Tapatalk and much better. I do see the attach photos thing now. I did write power commander for a richer map but the one they gave me was worse. Must have been to rich because I noticed a big difference in power. I felt like I lost alot. He said the map had added fuel and timing. Today I'll post pics of the original map for my mods, the map they made me, and what it looks like running. The headlight and idle issue is my biggest concern now. I think that needs to be addressed before the map. For skme reason (not every cold start) most of the time when I cold start with my headlights off it goes into high idle untill warm. If I turn the headlights on the idle goes back to normal and back to high if I turn them off again. Its like my idle is tied into my headlights. Could this be a stator problem? Ive checked wires and grounds and all look fine. Ive tested continuity of grounds and looks fine..

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts