Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a 07 raptor SE the other day, it has a k&n filter on it and has a hole in the top of the lid with a screen over it as well as some ebay genesis "chip". I have been looking around to see what people are saying regarding fuel controllers and have read that the hmf optimizer (dobeck style?) is not a great system. I am thinking about finding a stock lid and leaving it alone for the time being and maybe someday upgrade the exhaust and do a fuel controller then (power commander seems to be a popular choice). So the thing I was trying to find out was regarding target a/f ratios. I can't seem to find anything concrete so I thought I would post the question. I did read sometime over the past few days that 13.2: a/f would be good but would like some more insight. I have an aem wideband for my car which is having a new turbo downpipe made so the wideband is out of the car at the moment and was debating on setting it up on the raptor to see where I am at. If I can't do that I may throw the wheeler on the truck when I take the car to get it tuned and get the wideband setup on it then. Anyways, if anyone could add some insight I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
dont use the aem wideband,they are to slow and will end richer than you want,use innovate products,if use the innovate 12.5-12.8,if you go to the dyno then 13.2 is a good point if the dyno wideband is in good shape and properly calibrated,most time they are some off.believe me i have over 15 years in the tuning industries,and never ever have seen 2 dynos reading the same afr when my innovate still read same afr,and in P.R we have over 12 dynos all near sea level,so tuning is very accurate anywhere you go.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone has their preferences on the brand. The dyno that I get my car tuned uses a innovate but the AEM uego is a nice piece as well. As for slow I do believe their response times are close to one another. I understand each wideband can read different, as well as 2 dynos will give 2 different results (as my car made a few more hp on one dyno vs another even though they were both dynojets). Anyways, I was looking for a target a/f just to make sure I'm not running lean. I am going to pull the plug today and check the color to see how it looks (I bought new plug anyways).

xskater - PM sent

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the plug, thought I would post up a pic of them. I just ordered a new lid for it so there will be no hole in the top, which is better for me as I will be riding it a lot of wet areas. May restrict the flow a bit but rather not take the risk running lean.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
I've got the AEM and it's mounted permanent, it runs 13.0-13.2 and the plug stays a nice choc. brown with 104 unleaded CamII. Response is fast probably because I have the O2 mounted in the head, it reads almost instantly!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts