Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're gonna cringe when you see this. Guy parked at the top of the cliff to admire the falls and it was in neutral. He hit first by accident and bailed just in time but look at the quad!

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There isn't even any way to get it out as the river is a canyon for miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We found a way down (scaling a dropoff of more than 15 feet on a tiny "path") and pulled it out of the water. Now it is sitting on the shore, upright with NO way to get it back out of the canyon.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is "elbow falls" in Kanaskis country in western Alberta Canada. Anyone got a crane?

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, the water is real cold :)
This is the last pic.
The guy did not fall down with the quad, he just watched in amazement at his baby disappear from "reality".
On Sunday, it was still there. I can't wait to see if his insurance company is going to figure a way to get it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that's what insurance is for! He'll have a brand new one cause they will write that one off for sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow i'd cry also!! least till insurance gave me a new one

·
***Wildland Firefighter***
3,031 Posts
champ3836 said:
We found a way down (scaling a dropoff of more than 15 feet on a tiny "path") and pulled it out of the water. Now it is sitting on the shore, upright with NO way to get it back out of the canyon.
There is ALWAYS a way! You say that u can get down to it, tie it off and use a winch to lift it out. Simple as that. Its only 400 lbs. Just make sure the tires are against the rock face and not the body!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
:eek: damn....I would :'(. Someone :help: the poor quad :crazy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rock face is actually more than a cliff, it is an overhang. The rappy would be free hanging in the air as soon as it is begun to be lifted. You have to see the place to understand. So some sort of pully system would be needed as the quad at the top couldn't hang at the edge and when the quad was being lifted, you would have to get lucky that when it was high enough to come in contact with the cliff wall, the wheels would be against the wall, not the plastic.

Anyways, it's not my quad but I just had to show the pictures. I do own an identical 07 SE but mine is not at the bottom of a ravine.

We have looked for any other place to get a winch that can pull it up and out but any other spot would need at least a thousand feet of cable to reach down from an access spot that is on a slope instead of an overhang.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Call in a helicopter!! the snowmobilers do it all the time in the mountains. Probably cost about 500 bucks to put it back on the cliff or a nearby road!! No big deal!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really? a copter lift? HMM, maybe that's what his insurance company will do!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The sledder's do it all the time!! I have friends that have done it, I live in fort mac. It isn't a big deal really

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
RaptorGzz said:
with a whinch ???

A cousin happened the same in a YFZ 450 but it was like 500 mts he lost the YFZ ..
With a cable and a little rigging, a basket would work for a quad!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.