Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My raptor 700 has been sitting for five months i replaced the fuel, changed spark plug ,changed the solenoid and got a new battery. now we finally got it to start there is a knocking sound coming from the engine then the bike shuts off after like 5 seconds of idling. ive changed out the oil and oil filter also.
it is a loud knocking sound. Please helpp!

·
Registered
138 Posts
My raptor 700 has been sitting for five months i replaced the fuel, changed spark plug ,changed the solenoid and got a new battery. now we finally got it to start there is a knocking sound coming from the engine then the bike shuts off after like 5 seconds of idling. ive changed out the oil and oil filter also.
it is a loud knocking sound. Please helpp!

loud knocking not good do you have compression run a compression test

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,177 Posts
After the oil and filter did you bleed the oil line to the head?

What part of the motor is the knock? How loud is it? The valves will sound somewhat like a sewing machine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After the oil and filter did you bleed the oil line to the head?

What part of the motor is the knock? How loud is it? The valves will sound somewhat like a sewing machine.
The knocking is coming from the head,and its pretty loud also did not bleed the oil line to the head.

·
11,177 Posts
How exactly do you run a compression test?
Instructions for a compression check are in your manual. You could remove the spark plug and crank the motor with a finger in the hole. It should blow out. But, that may not tell you anything. If it doesn't blow out you may have a bent or broken valve.

I would remove the cam cover and check that the cam sprocket is attached properly. Then remove the crank access plug and turn the motor over with a socket, feeling for any obstructions and watching the cam and chain.

Reactions: KAYDAAN700R

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
instructions for a compression check are in your manual. You could remove the spark plug and crank the motor with a finger in the hole. It should blow out. But, that may not tell you anything. If it doesn't blow out you may have a bent or broken valve.

I would remove the cam cover and check that the cam sprocket is attached properly. Then remove the crank access plug and turn the motor over with a socket, feeling for any obstructions and watching the cam and chain.
im gonna post a video of what the sound sounds like

·
11,177 Posts
The knocking is coming from the head,and its pretty loud also did not bleed the oil line to the head.
Bleed the oil line to the head!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts