Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What differences do these two years have? Is the 08 a better bike? Someone wants to trade a modded 07 bike with low hours for my stock 08 SE. The 07 appears to be in excellent condition

·
Registered
186 Posts
i think the only difference is the shocks the 08s have better ones

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. Yea I think that's it, but I heard something about 08+ having better engines? Can anyone confirm?

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better headers? Or head gasket? This ones got port and polish its doing 78hp and 59+torque. I don't have the list of mods, I will post on thursday

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would keep your as its stock..Unless u know him a little bit u have no idea what hes done to it or what could be wrong with it...and if yours is stock then U can add what u want and personalize it to you as cammy said.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Better headers? Or head gasket? This ones got port and polish its doing 78hp and 59+torque. I don't have the list of mods, I will post on thursday
Why would a guy with a bike doing 78hp want to trade it for the same model one year younger and stock? I'd start by answering that question. I'm going to guess he's having big issues with it and would like to start with a clean slate.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
^^^^ what he said

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sry for the late response, but he's actually selling it to me for 4k. on the hour meter it says 20HRS. However, I dont know how true that is considering its an 07.
I was going to purchase the big 3 for my bike, when he showed me the 07. I figure mine is worth the same (4k stock vs 4k modded excellent condition), it would be me trading for a racing bike. I take pretty good care of my quad, and this one is pretty well maintained i would say excellent condition (or rebuilt >.<); mine is in good condition... hes got all the receipts on the mods, the title, and im talking about like 8K in mods. including but not limited to
radiator
fan
i think like a 54mm throttle body
barkers
fci
pcv

im just a little new to modding the raptor, but the list is pretty long of expensive upgrades.
so it seems like i might get a good deal.
any input helps

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I have both: My 07 GYTR is at 78hp and it needs a lot more love than my wifes stock 08.. Stock for stock the wifes 08 was faster than my 07 GYTR. By love I mean new tires, sprockets all the time, oh an clutchs, front rims,tierods,stearing stems, ok so maybe I ride harder than her... lolhahah

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so after test driving it, it's definitely fast. But the mechanic told me a screw came loose once on the throttle body and fell in the engine. To repair it, He opened it up polished the scars and showed me pics. Overall that scared me enough to possibly pass on it and just hook up my 08 instead... Thoughts?
Seems like they might be trying to make back money for expensive parts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Ok so after test driving it, it's definitely fast. But the mechanic told me a screw came loose once on the throttle body and fell in the engine. To repair it, He opened it up polished the scars and showed me pics. Overall that scared me enough to possibly pass on it and just hook up my 08 instead... Thoughts?
Seems like they might be trying to make back money for expensive parts
IMHO unless you have a good garage and mechanics skills, I would avoid. If it's really a 78hp machine with 8K mods it's a very descent deal at 4K though, but it's the kind of bike you'll most likely spend a lot of time "stabilizing".

You could buy it for parts though, I'm sure you could use a good lot of them on your machine, sell the rest and have a descent sum of money left.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I kinda doubt it has 8k in the motor and only making 78.
I was guessing 8k total and I would assume the number to include time and some exageration but still :)

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
No not callin you out my man. Think the OP said they told him it has 8k in the motor. Could've mis read too. But 8k in a motor should be pushin more than 78, or I'd think it would.

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea with all the receipts I saw there was easily 6-8k in mods. Thanks for honest input guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't think it would be too hard to get to 6-8K in mods on a 78HP bike depending on how it was done. If the person did it in steps like most of us do and paid a shop to actually do it instead of doing it themselves I could see it getting to that considering I have seen some shops charge up to $100/hr labor. I have seen shops in my area charge $200 just for an oil change and valve adjustment, hate to see what they would charge to put a crank in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts