Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just bought an 08 700SE Raptor and am wondering what you would do with this quad. This is stock as stock gets and want to make upgrades but where do I start? I have been searching all over for info but thought I would join here because you guys all know your stuff. Any help would be helpful do not want to screw this quad up. Also thought of Ice Racing this machine in the 2011 up coming season so any help in this area would be great as well.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Theres a guy on here that goes by risingsun that ice races so you might want to shoot him a pm. I think they shorten the swingarm a little and throw short self tapping panhead sheet metal screws in the lugs on the tires to act as studs.
But you should check out tqsatv.com for a big3 package for starters. That'll boost you from around 40hp stock to up over 50 depending on the package you get. I would suggest either duals or the sparks xx6. If your concerned with noise then steer clear of the sparksxx6 and get either duals with quiet cores or the sparks x6 with cores. :)

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
welcome to the Raptor forum,

I guess the mods you do depend on what you're doing with it. If I was starting with a stock Raptor again, firstly I'd get skid plates for the complete underneath, secondly, a steering damper. probably CCP but I might stretch to a precision. Then I'd get the big 3 (duals, intake, PC3 or 5). Probably need to get some tyres that suit your riding terrain now. After all that, just keep on top of maintenance and that'll give you an edge over a lot of people :)

Ez

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
+1 and might i add a case saver!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts