Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Big Bear 400. I want more speed out of it, already has dynojet jet kit and HMF slip on exhaust. I see HotCams makes a cam that it says fits the 87-03 Big Bear 400. Anybody know if it would fit the 08's as well? Any other ideas for a little better top speed?

And just for fun

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 2008 Big Bear 400. I want more speed out of it, already has dynojet jet kit and HMF slip on exhaust. I see HotCams makes a cam that it says fits the 87-03 Big Bear 400. Anybody know if it would fit the 08's as well? Any other ideas for a little better top speed?

And just for fun
A bigger or better cam will not necessarily give you more top speed, it will help you get there faster, since your bike isnt chain driven you dont have the option of changing the drive or driven sprockets............

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bigger or better cam will not necessarily give you more top speed, it will help you get there faster, since your bike isnt chain driven you dont have the option of changing the drive or driven sprockets............
I saw it said it gave more top end so I figured it would help a little bit.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I saw it said it gave more top end so I figured it would help a little bit.
Probably gives you more top end power, if you have proper gearing in the first place and the extra power gives more usable upper rpm power, maybe you will get more top speed, but if it just gives you more power and no more rpm, then your tops speed will remain unchanged.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts