Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Raptor 250 and plan on getting an HMF slip on exhaust. What size jetting should I use? Or what size jets should I at least start with?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Depends on elevation and other modifications.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure on the elevation. I am guessing 400' to 600'. I mostly ride upstate NY (Dutchess County). The only mods is an HMF slip on and uni filter. Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
HMF sells their own jet kit with a 165, 170, and 175 main jets. I think they recommend a 165 for a pipe (slip on, or full) and an open airbox..

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am not sure on the elevation. I am guessing 400' to 600'. I mostly ride upstate NY (Dutchess County). The only mods is an HMF slip on and uni filter. Thanks
Where do you ride in Dutchess? I live in Yorktown Heights, Westchester and I really don't have any good places to ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do you ride in Dutchess? I live in Yorktown Heights, Westchester and I really don't have any good places to ride.
I ride on mostly private property. I am also a member of a local hunting club that has a ton of land. I am able to ride there too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an 08 Raptor 250 and plan on getting an HMF slip on exhaust. What size jetting should I use? Or what size jets should I at least start with?

On HMF's website they have a jetting chart for their pipes, both slip on and full exhausts. I'd use that information.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Even 165 sounds like way too much. I'm only running a 138 with my mods and it's still rich

·
Registered
836 Posts
Even 165 sounds like way too much. I'm only running a 138 with my mods and it's still rich
Are you sure your rich? I mean, I run a 150 and I don't think i'm that rich..

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Yeah my plug is pretty black and it stinks I can't wait for it to get warm out to work on it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Your elevation must be a good bit higher than mine or something because I know I don't have an air leak, and you definitely have mods that let the engine breathe a little more..
But then again, you do have an adjustable needle, and I don't, so that could also be the reason why our jetting is much different from each others...

·
Registered
93 Posts
i thought most HMFs come with any jet they need, mine did.

·
Registered
836 Posts
maybe they do, I really couldn't tell you because I don't own an HMF. But I do know that HMF sells their own jet kit for their exhausts.

At sea level, they recommend a 165 main, slip-on or full exhaust, and no air lid, with stock filter...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts