Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bike idles only with the choke on and with any type of throttle except for 2/8 it will instantly bog down and try to shut off. It also idles up and down without me doing anything. I removed the big rubber air intake so I could see if the Diaphragm in the carb was stuck, but it’s not. If I cover the air side of the carb with my hand, I can almost give the bike all the throttle I want, but then it will suck my hand real hard and squirt fuel backwards. I have cleaned the carb and replaced two of the Jets main and the short one. I have not touched the fuel air mixture screw because I didn’t want to drill out the cork. I also have not touched the float height tang leaving it not bent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bike idles only with the choke on and with any type of throttle except for 2/8 it will instantly bog down and try to shut off. It also idles up and down without me doing anything. I removed the big rubber air intake so I could see if the Diaphragm in the carb was stuck, but it’s not. If I cover the air side of the carb with my hand, I can almost give the bike all the throttle I want, but then it will suck my hand real hard and squirt fuel backwards. I have cleaned the carb and replaced two of the Jets main and the short one. I have not touched the fuel air mixture screw because I didn’t want to drill out the cork. I also have not touched the float height tang leaving it not bent.
FIXED IT! Jesus I can’t believe I’ve been through all of this to figure out that it was the vacuum hose on the throttle side of the carburetor, it runs down the swing arm. Mine was clogged with rock solid dirt, I forgot to put it on at one point and the bike ran fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts