Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, so If I am asking stupid questions- im sorry.

I have a 2008 Raptor 700 with Dual DMF exhaust, and intake, as well as the TFI power commander- I just bought a stage 2 hot cam, and am wondering with my current setup, if I need to do change anything else when I get this installed

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Not stupid questions at all.

I'm not familiar with DMF exhaust for the 700. Is that a typo or is there actually a DMF?

You say you have a TFI powercommander. They are actually two different things. The TFI will have limitations when adjusting for additions like a HC2. It can be done, but it's more difficult since it's not very adjustable. A powercommander will allow you to upload a map that's set up for your specific build. More info on that here... http://www.dobeckperformance.com/TFI/tfivspowercommander.asp

Adding a HC2 will change your fuel requirements. If you have a powercommander, you can just upload a new map.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea man sorry, it's a DMC comp 4 dual exhaust. I looked on dobeck's website last night and was reading about it.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking of putting a big bore kit, the 779cc also- do you think I should change power commanders?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I am thinking of putting a big bore kit, the 779cc also- do you think I should change power commanders?
If you plan on doing that much then yes switch your fuel controller to a power commander. It'll be a heck of a lot easier to set up.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Unless your current cylinder is worn out I might be inclined to simply add a stock bore higher compression piston and a +3 throttle body. Enjoy that for a while and do some suspension stuff, definately a steering dampner or perhaps some skids guards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts