Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here. I have an 09 YFZ450R that is getting fuel in the oil. I havn't torn anythign apart yet, but did do a compression check and it was at the high end of specs. Someone mentioned sometimes a fuel injector would stick open after you shut the engine off, caused by a buildup of ethanal? Sound possible?
It's not as huge amount of fuel, but enough to thin the oil a bit and make it smell like gas after 8-10 hours of riding.

Thanks

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Sounds normal for a petrol engine bud. If it goes ok then I would bet there is nothing wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never had any 4-stroke with this strong of a fuel smell. I could see it being normal if I slacked on oil changes and it had a ton of hours on it, but I change the oil often and it seems to have just started

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's a question.. have u noticed ur fuel level go down when the bikes not in use? This happened to me on my 660. I hadn't rode it for about a month cause it was getting worked on. I went to ride it an it was outta gas.. long story short all my gas drained into my crank case due to #1 the petcock wasn't turned to the off position n #2 my carbs were in need of a rebuild. Issue solved. Unless its fuel injected then IV got no clue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts