Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to the 1/8pave track next thru if it dont since the past 2 thru have been rained out. I cant race m local 1/4mile cause they go by nhra rules on safety gear like full leather gear and the 1/8 mile only requires brain bucket and long pants and a standered jacket/coat. Im curioiuse of what I will run on 8th mile with stock 03 660r with dmc allen full exhust an jet kit with k&n im about 240lbs. Anyone here been to the drag track? anyone got some times? What can I exspect my raptor to run?

·
Registered
129 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Never ran the 1/4 on mine but I have been to an 1/8th mile many times on my 700R. 9.013 @ 72 is the quickest and fastest its been stock with a DG Bullet slipon.
Sounds like you arent getting out of the hole hard enough..that 72mph trap speed should hav e you in the 8s easily.
Keep on rockin' it

·
Registered
65 Posts
1/4 mile paved best time:
15.7 seconds (don´t remember final speed)
-yoshi slip-on
-dynojets
-12T front 40T rear
-UNI filter
-lid on
-22" holeshots all around

here in mexico there are no 1/8 paved tracks so dunno what time to expect

·
Registered
183 Posts
the track i run at is a 1000ft track, my best time was a 12.40. this was also my first time at the track so with a lil more practice i think i could get my time down to maybe 12.38-6. if there are enough atvs they will run an atv bracket race which is on an 1/8.

·
Registered
350 Posts
8.43 at 76mph with a 1.51 60' 11:1, stage 1 hotcam, CS big core, jetted and had the suspension strapped down.

·
Registered
350 Posts
2fast4u2catch said:
03rappy how much do you weigh?
I believe I weighed 170-175lb's at that point. I'm heaviever now, got into the heavy part of my lifting session for the year. My 235lb friend got on it and the best he could cut was a 1.73. I was trying to cut 1.4's but couldnt seem to do it, after we strapped down the shocks I got .1-.2 tenths quicker on my 60'. I also wasnt running my hd rears, slapped the bald stockers on in the back and put on a burnout session every time :lol:. Its all about when you get the bike rolling, I found that I could start unloading the clutch on the 2ND red light vs. the 3rd like I would in my truck. Don't deepstage and you can pretty much get a rolling start by the green w/out readlighting.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
mine is bone stock and i was 15 something in the 1/4 @ 73.56mph but thing is ...is my throttle screw was turned about half way or so from the factory and now i have it backed all the way out so im ready to try her again. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is my results from sunday at the drag strip.
My combo is DMC Duals,CFM intake,K/N,Powercommander.
My Friends Combo is Barker Duals,Prodesign intake K/N,Powercommander.
He drove both quads in the ATV bracket race. They ran us to the 600 ft mark only.
So the 1/8mile runs below is actually 600ft. The dirt bike guy were complaining that they could not make it to the real 1/8 mile mark so the owner just said to run it to the 600 ft mark.ADD 5 tenths to the 1/8 et to get the real 1/8 mile number.

Here are the runs Mine His
60ft 1.84 1.88
330" 5.41 5.48
594ft 7.45 7.52
1/8ET8.08 8.15

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
1WILDLX said:
Here is my results from sunday at the drag strip.
My combo is DMC Duals,CFM intake,K/N,Powercommander.
My Friends Combo is Barker Duals,Prodesign intake K/N,Powercommander.
He drove both quads in the ATV bracket race. They ran us to the 600 ft mark only.
So the 1/8mile runs below is actually 600ft. The dirt bike guy were complaining that they could not make it to the real 1/8 mile mark so the owner just said to run it to the 600 ft mark.ADD 5 tenths to the 1/8 et to get the real 1/8 mile number.

Here are the runs Mine His
60ft 1.84 1.88
330" 5.41 5.48
594ft 7.45 7.52
1/8ET8.08 8.15
By your 330ft time you would have ran a 8.601 which is movin on pretty good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i saw one post that said something about strapping down the front end, what are u guys strapping to hold the bike down thank you, if ya got a pic post please im lookin 2 bring the bike to the 1/8 in a few weeks

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.