Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know why i cant find one?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
does anyone know why i cant find one?
There are none plus if you go over the 102mm size you need a larger OD sized sleeve.............
I have never heard of that size.......
105 mm I have used to make a 727 though, plus that would require the use of an oversized sleeve............:)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
As willy stated, no one makes them. They don't make them because the OEM sleeve only goes up to 102mm and the aftermarket sleeves with larger OD require case boring and typically come in 105mm flavors.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want more then a 102 bore but dont want to go to 105 b/c i want to stroke as well and am worrying about reliability

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
You can't do so without ordering a custom one-off piston, either pick 102 or 105.

I don't understand why you somehow think a 103 or 104 with a stroker crank is going to be more reliable than a 105 with a stroker crank, but if you're really worried about it stick with 102mm.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Same reasoning here, nothing wrong with the 102 or the 105, I have used both, but never used a stroker crank...........

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Or get a thick 105mm sleeve and have the sleeve installed and cases bored. Run a 102mm piston and stroker crank and have the option of pulling the cylinder out and having it bored to 105.

I belve you dont have to punch out the thick sleeve to 105mm right off the bat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
screw it. 762 it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.