Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 105mm bore - But my cylinder wall is the same as OEM thickness.-- Is there any way to bore my cylinder 2 maybe 3mm's more or does my case limit me OR is it the head. Just asking for future reference , I know I can go with a stroker for more displacement. Its just that I always wondered about a 107 or 108mm raptor bore -- Might be a stupid question But I'd like to know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I wonder if you couldn't use a raptor 700 piston. I thought that is maybe how people were getting the bigger sizes but don't quote me on that.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
the 700 wrist pin is a different size and the valve reliefs are not the same do to the 660 is a 5 valve

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
106 is possible on the sleeve you have now. From what I understand larger bore sizes can be done with aftermarket cylinders for the 660. It was only after the WK cylinders for the 700 came out that someone told me that such a thing existed for the 660 as well.

There are other avenues I would suggest before delving into that cost though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
106 is possible on the sleeve you have now. From what I understand larger bore sizes can be done with aftermarket cylinders for the 660. It was only after the WK cylinders for the 700 came out that someone told me that such a thing existed for the 660 as well.

There are other avenues I would suggest before delving into that cost though.
Stroke?? What would be your suggestion

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
That new cam we talked about and a better exhaust for starters. Both will provide much more hp/dollar than tearing the whole motor down again to gain another 20cc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That new cam we talked about and a better exhaust for starters. Both will provide much more hp/dollar than tearing the whole motor down again to gain another 20cc.
Well as for the cam I'm going to try to put it on this weekend If I can find the time. What exhaust would you recommend? (Is that sparx I keep hearing about honestly make more hp than a trinity stage 4)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The trinity was considered a top performing pipe back in 2001 when the 660 debuted, we've come quite a ways. The Sparks big core makes a few more hp on a stockish bike than the trinity. I'm sure that an ultra core would be worth even more. There are also a couple of dual pipes to consider.

You just had this engine built from what I gather, and it sounds like you're already looking for more. I get the impression you're using this machine on the trails but it sounds like you're trying to build a drag motor. I guess I should ask, what's the intent?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The trinity was considered a top performing pipe back in 2001 when the 660 debuted, we've come quite a ways. The Sparks big core makes a few more hp on a stockish bike than the trinity. I'm sure that an ultra core would be worth even more. There are also a couple of dual pipes to consider.

You just had this engine built from what I gather, and it sounds like you're already looking for more. I get the impression you're using this machine on the trails but it sounds like you're trying to build a drag motor. I guess I should ask, what's the intent?
Actually the motor was built a little more than 1 year ago. Its just that do to some shoulder surgery I had done.... Now at the beginning of this year is when I was able to start riding again. Down here there are alot of fixed up banshee's (more than anything else I'd say)So I like to keep my bike faster than them. I would say 90% of the time I'm trailing - But when ever one these guys that swears raptors are craptors come along - I feel the need to prove them wrong. I never have raced for money and never will. The racer's down here are too dishonest and they'll never tell you whats really done to there bikes.So... Keeping it fast enough to feed my ego is all I really want.
I don't mind the 200 in fuel every weekend I want to ride. I know I could have probably gone with 2 turbos with the money I've spent.(figure of speech) But I just dont like all that clutter.I really appreciate all your tips. They certainly are the soundest on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Ok, I'm curious because I am trying to figure out what kind of parts we should be steering you towards. You're nearing the pinnacle of what can be considered "trailable" in most aspects of your build.

The turbo setups on the 660 aren't very good, and you still need a lot of motor behind them anyway. Don't think you missed out on anything there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts