Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my bike is apart... velociraptor has my head, and new stage II cam and spring kit... he is porting my head and installing my stage II cam and spring kit for me.... I was thinking i was just going to install the ported head (with the cam in it) and the 11:1 piston.... but now i am thinking... should i go ahead and order the Big Bore cylinder from Rocket Factory... I mean the big bore cylinder doesnt cost that much (under $200).... I am just thinking, i mean while i am doing all this should i go ahead and add the big bore? ? ? I know i would have to get the piston to fit... but you all understand what i am asking..

What do you all think? ? ? is there any reason to NOT go ahead and get the big bore cylinder?

thanks Plattner

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I would say buy it! Since everything is already in pieces. Plus a great price and more hp. You might also save some time and money in the long run too. GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the info guys.... I am still waiting to talk with Bo (velociraptor) on the phone... but i talked with Rocket Factory... .and i was a little off on my prices i guess.... So i dont think i am going to do the big bore... bcs Rocket Factory wants $250 for the 105.5mm big bore cylinder.... and then i would have to go with the 10.75:1 or 12:1 piston... and i really wanted to go with the 11:1.....
So i would have to order the big bore cylinder ($200) and then order the 10.75:1 piston ($200) ..... and i dont really want to spend that much... i was thinking i could just do it for an extra like $175.... BUT OH WELL.... I will just stick with the 11:1 piston, head porting and stage II cam...

Thanks for the help though guys...

Plattner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts