Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aftermarket piston, cam and pipes. I want to keep my exhaust if I get a new raptor. I have all the stock parts except the piston. If I leave the 11.1 JE piston on and make everything else stock, will I need a fuel controller?

Also I guess I will have to buy a filter because I have a K&N intake on there now but that should be cheap to buy. If any1 wants to sell a stock filter with box let me know.

·
Registered
437 Posts
well higher compresion will prolly need more fuel so id say yeah considering a stock bike should have one lol

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
well higher compresion will prolly need more fuel so id say yeah considering a stock bike should have one lol

Really? You should get your facts stight before replying to a thread like this. You could cost this guy a couple hundred bucks!

In short, if everything else is stock except a 11.1 piston you will be just fine.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok whos right haha .. preddy08 you seem more confident in your answer. Do you think the K&N filter no box will be to much with the piston to go without a controller. Im not even sure if youre saying the JE piston will make no difference or just a little difference but not enough difference to need to add a fuel controller.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Ok whos right haha .. preddy08 you seem more confident in your answer. Do you think the K&N filter no box will be to much with the piston to go without a controller. Im not even sure if youre saying the JE piston will make no difference or just a little difference but not enough difference to need to add a fuel controller.
Read preddy's post again it answers your questions

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I understand I will be fine with the just 11.1 but I had a second question which could depend and thats why Im asking more questions. If in fact he meant the 11.1 will make so little difference I will be fine .. will having the k&N filter be to much. Im asking because I dont know. I dont even know if in fact the K&N will affect the fuel very little or a whole lot. All I know is a fuel controller is needed for my pipes and cam.

A stock air filter isnt expensive so Im not really worrying about that. I assume from the way you answered though that an air filter will make enough of a difference to get a fuel controller .. so I will just buy a stock filter.

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
usually you can add a pipe and be fine, but once you start adding intakes or taking the lid off your starting to ride the line on being too lean.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
usually you can add a pipe and be fine, but once you start adding intakes or taking the lid off your starting to ride the line on being too lean.

hmm this is making me reconsider if pipes dont make much of a difference. My main thing is I dont want to have to tune the PC3 again if I put that back on without my dual pipes. I just dont know about programming the PC3 if I have to. Finding a map with my mods and the stock pipe may be hard. I currently have a PC3 with map for barker duals, 11.1 pistion, web stage 1 cam and K&N filter with no lid. If I leave all of that on except the barker duals, will I need a new map for that if I put stock pipes back on?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well its not reccommended as they are lean from the factory. But i ran my 11:1 cp for a good 3 months without a problem at all with the s/a out.

its just better to be on the safe side giving it more fuel instead of less.

but if u were to put just the 11:1 in and nothing else you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
oh i sent u a pm also

·
Registered
542 Posts
Take your Barkers off? Yea you would see a performance loss definately. Im not even sure that would help your problem. I wouldnt, Id try finding a map before I removed a pair of duals, especially with a cam and intake already....

Slap the piston in and start there. Taking your lid off like mentioned above you will prob need a new map. Id post you mods and see if you can find someone with similar mods who has a good map.

I am almost where you are so good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.