Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already got the stage I web cam coming, from the Rocket Factory.... Now im thinking about calling and ordering the 11:1 piston, and installing it when i install the cam....

What do you all think...?? piston, cam, and NO porting and NO big bore....

Plattner

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I was thinking about doing exactly the same mods....I say go for it !! :thumbsup: and let me know how it works !! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey plattner - did you get the specs on the stage one webcam? The lift on the stock cam is only .25 inch (don't know the duration) so it's gotta make a decent difference - I expect the stage one is about .375 inch or so, still mild but lots more than stock.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you trying to stay away from race gas? I'm asking because if you're gonna get a piston I would personally get a 12.1:1 with that cam. Either way hellz yes I'd slap a hc piston in it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes im trying to stay away from race gas... I do a lot of trail riding, and go through alot of gas.... and im not going to always have that race gas with me, compared to going to a gas station near by and getting 91 octane, or 93 octane...
Thanks for your guy's responses.... keep them coming...

raptorsquid - i am not for sure on the lift on the stage I cam... I have talked with a few guys that have installed it, and they said it made a noticable difference...

Plattner

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's what my tax return is going to, high comp piston and stage 1 cam. Also porting

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the web cam with heavy springs. 11:1 ct piston just came in after being on back order since Dec. Will have it installed next week, can't wait.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Would definitely like to see some dyno numbers. . .

Same Builder - Doing a big-bore high compression vs. a stock bore high compression
Results on the SAME dyno.

Hmmmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts