Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 11 Rzr, I bought DMC duals for it, and I am having issues with the passenger midpipe fitting around the frame. I have a call into DMC, however they are stumped too, and need to wait on the tech guys to show up tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience or pics to help. I posted on the rzrforums too, however they aren't nearly as friendy or helpfull as my fellow raptor owners. Thanks

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Hmm.. I dunno. Post up pics of the install and maybe we can lend a hand.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I can make it work, however I don't want to bend the pipe, to get it around the frame, DMC said their stuff should fit perfect. After looking at some pics on google, I think they need to send me the rzr S left header. I was hoping someone on here had a RZR with the dmcs installed on it. Never had any issues with DMC stuff fitting, so I was surprised when it wasn't fitting. Here are some pics. Thanks again

Header pipe

Frame in the way

Pipe that looks like it should fit around the frame

pipe that won't fit around the width of the frame

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Thats odd. Looks like it just got maybe put together too tight when it was welded. But why would they run it into a loop like that instead of just shooting it out the back?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats odd. Looks like it just got maybe put together too tight when it was welded. But why would they run it into a loop like that instead of just shooting it out the back?
I would think they did the loop to keep both pipes equal lengths, hopefully I get some answers from them today. 2nd exhaust that hasn't fit this thing, had an HMF they didn't know that the head pipe had changed on the 11, and now this. It appears nobody does their research on model year changes before listing aftermarket parts for new models.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Hmmm...

The 2011 standard RZR now shares the HO motor that was only available on the S models in the previous years. I do know that the factory exhaust was different between the 800 and the 800HO motor, but you could add the HO header to the regular 800 if you wanted (so nothing too major could be different between the two)
Most exhaust companies offer 2 different systems, one for the S (800HO), one for the standard RZR (non HO engine)...so there must be something different between the two with how they bolt up or how the exhaust is routed. So basically, you may need the S exhaust system since your '11 RZR has the HO engine... But I could be wrong here, maybe the difference is in the routing for shock/suspension clearance instead of physical differences in the motor/mounting...I'm really not sure.

But I'm sure you aren't the first person to try to put DMCs on a 2011 standard RZR...nobody over at rzrforums stepped up to help? I put barker duals on my '09 S, and it took a little tweaking and wiggling to get that same pipe installed so it wouldn't hit the frame....but yours looks way off compared to how mine was.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...

The 2011 standard RZR now shares the HO motor that was only available on the S models in the previous years. I do know that the factory exhaust was different between the 800 and the 800HO motor, but you could add the HO header to the regular 800 if you wanted (so nothing too major could be different between the two)
Most exhaust companies offer 2 different systems, one for the S (800HO), one for the standard RZR (non HO engine)...so there must be something different between the two with how they bolt up or how the exhaust is routed. So basically, you may need the S exhaust system since your '11 RZR has the HO engine... But I could be wrong here, maybe the difference is in the routing for shock/suspension clearance instead of physical differences in the motor/mounting...I'm really not sure.

But I'm sure you aren't the first person to try to put DMCs on a 2011 standard RZR...nobody over at rzrforums stepped up to help?
That makes sense, I think if hey send me the "s" left header pipe I will be ok. Makes sense now that you mention the HO motor. The instructions they sent have pics of an S model, and the left header is different.

Nobody on the RZR forums has steped up to help. The difference between the Raptor and RZR forums is night and day. People on this forum are fast to help and always friendly, not so much over there. I posted over here, figured somebody had a RZR. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well DMC just called and said the pipe does wrap around the frame, so I guess I just need to force persuade the pipes a little bit. Hope I don't need the BFH. Found that to be a little odd, but we will give it a shot. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Well DMC just called and said the pipe does wrap around the frame, so I guess I just need to force persuade the pipes a little bit. Hope I don't need the BFH. Found that to be a little odd, but we will give it a shot. Thanks for the replies.
Damn man...that doesn't sound good. I wouldn't want to have to force something like that on my exhaust. Probably not what you want to hear, but my barkers went on about 30 minutes by myself (that includes the time to take my stock system off). That same header pipe took some finagling, but it went together without too much trouble. No reason you should have to force something that is that far off, think about how much stress you will be putting on the exhaust flange mounts on the engine and wherever it mounts to the frame...seems to be asking for trouble (cracks) later on.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn man...that doesn't sound good. I wouldn't want to have to force something like that on my exhaust. Probably not what you want to hear, but my barkers went on about 30 minutes by myself (that includes the time to take my stock system off). That same header pipe took some finagling, but it went together without too much trouble. No reason you should have to force something that is that far off, think about how much stress you will be putting on the exhaust flange mounts on the engine and wherever it mounts to the frame...seems to be asking for trouble (cracks) later on.
Got em all done, we are good, just a little tight sliding the midpipe around the frame, but once it's through plenty of room. I just wanted to be sure of the fitment before I gave it a tap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts