Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that 12 is better for torque and 14 for top speed but I bought both and wanted to know if I go with the 12, will I top out the bike in 800-1000 ft dirt/sand drag races? We never run 1/4 mile and I never run it on the streets. Thinking start in 2nd.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,443 Posts
Most 660's benefit from one tooth smaller in front then stock.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,443 Posts
Did you have to shorten the chain? Keep a eye on that 12T, it will wear out fast and curl the teeth over. You might be able to flip it every once and a while.
I would think the YFZ would be faster, I bet you're friend isn't happy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have to shorten the chain? Keep a eye on that 12T, it will wear out fast and curl the teeth over. You might be able to flip it every once and a while.
I would think the YFZ would be faster, I bet you're friend isn't happy.
I've been beating him but not by this much. I have big 3 plus 12 tooth. He has big 3 and cam mod but just a slip on and I have a full yoshimura

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Next time you do sprockets and chain go 3 teeth up on the rear. Then you can go back to the stock 13 tooth front and be geared really close to the same. This will allow you to go even lower geared with the easy swap option back to the 12 tooth front. Or keep it the same with and get a little longer life out of the front sprocket by use the 13T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts