Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got $20 laying around to spare and I want to change up the feeling of m raptor. I really like having more bottom end, but I would also enjoy more speed. Which sprocket has a bigger change from stock and has much speed/torqe do you lose/gain?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wanted to add... I had no Idea the size came in so many size varieties (10-17 tooth) i just thought that was a little crazy!, also, why do you say 15 tooth is better?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well duhh lol, but I live in the middle of nowhere lol; I only ride on my backyard track and at some SMALL shail pits

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeahh, but how much speed do you lose; and is the change even that noticable?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
honestly if its stock, leave the 13 on and save the $20

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was thinking of changing to the 14 from the stock 13. But now my son wants to run more MX, so I may either stay with the 13 or drop to a 12. Do most go to a lower count for the track?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
i went with a 14 after my 20s and pipe because i was revving out in 6th too much and not getting enough to clear jumps. my 446 motor is running a 15 though to try and keep the revs down

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think Im going with the 12t; you can always use more bottom end when you only weigh 90 lbs ;) lol

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
too bad the motor will rev out too fast and cause you to shift a lot

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i thought about it but they are more expensive and harder to install...:(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ohh, haha i don't think you can, I was just talking about rear sprockets in general lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts