Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones outlook on best gearing for the dunes all around? Just got my bike so I havent been to the dunes yet. Going to run 20x10x10 7 paddle haulers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
15T if you are close to sea lvl. If you are not I would hold off on the 15T tell you have the big 3 Nevermind I just saw you have the big 3 15T definately :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run the 14 at the dunes, the 15 in the desert. I was not impressed with the 15 in the sand. :unsure:

·
Registered
120 Posts
i just put on a renthal 15 and went to dumont..i dont know if i was impressed...with all the hype with everyone saying its awesome its awesome i expected more but i was kinda dissapointed...i guess it ran fine but i used to scream up comp hill with stock gear in 3rd and with the 15 i dont know if i get that full power going up comp hill. it goes up fine but seems like the 14 had little more power all the way up the hill..i dont know maybe its just in my head..so im stil deciding if i want to keep the 15 or go back to 14.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The engine is in the meat of the powerband longer, it may not be revvin as high but your movin faster. You need to be timed with both, bet the 15t is quicker up the hill.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hey Velociraptor im sure u r absolutely right..my initial feelin was it was slower but more and more i rode and shot hills it seemed quick but like u said it might not be revving as much but using more of my powerband and goin up faster..like i said probably just all in my head :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts