Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing the 15t mod. I already have the other 3 mods. How will this affect wheelies and how much top speed do you gain. I do agree you probably don't lose really anything accelleration wise because you have increased power with the other mods and now will hook up better because of less wheel spin :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
not sure yet what the top speed but it is worth it i just put it on yesterday and wow it will wheelie but no big deal makes first gear useable do it u wont be sorry if u r it is a cheap upgrade :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
With my 3 mods and a 15t I have no problem picking the front tires up in any gear. And now 1st and 2nd are much more managable and usable now. Its the best mod I have done to the bike and the cheapest too. ;)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I liked my 15t in 2nd gear and up, but there was too much wheelspin for 1st to be usable at all really. After I got my new holeshots it helped out a little bit, but I still had traction issues and had a hard time pulling wheelies in 1st unless I was on some grass or weeds and could find some traction.

edit: forgot to mention this was on a 660.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Granted mine is a little stronger than most here but the 15t was the best "driveability" mod Ive done, the powerband is alot more user friendly and 1st gear is actually a gear I use now lol. By the math, the top speed will gain 4-5mph if youve got enough power to pull it that high(mine radar'd at 76.xmph stock so that would be 80-81mph). I havent had a chance to radar mine yet but soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup:Great info guys. What a big help you all are . I am looking forward to diong it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
i wish i could imput but my 15t is still packaged and sitting in my room lol. my buddie has one on his and and his is bone stock except for holeshots and on the street he gets a lil better jump on my, we stay the same through 4th and by 5th he starts pulling on me so he gained about 2-5mph with just the tooth so...

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
15T was a great mod for me. When drag racing can take off in second and pull through each gear a lot longer, hence less shifting.

I did not notice any difference in wheelies, still can wheelie on demand. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Granted mine is a little stronger than most here but the 15t was the best "driveability" mod Ive done, the powerband is alot more user friendly and 1st gear is actually a gear I use now lol. By the math, the top speed will gain 4-5mph if youve got enough power to pull it that high(mine radar'd at 76.xmph stock so that would be 80-81mph). I havent had a chance to radar mine yet but soon.
Yeah....75-76 is pretty standard on the stock 700. do the 3-mods and your in the low 80's. Remove the sensor (or unplug it) and your in the mid-high 80's......do the 3 mods, remove the sensor, and do the 15t and I will bet money on a flat surface (depending on rider weight) you can hit 90mph.

With your mods and the 15T....depending on if you disabled the speed sensor, I would think your running in the 90's easily! the 700 with the 15T is geared to 101.8 mph at 9000rpm's with 20 inch tires.
...you would only have to be turning 8000rpm's to get over 90mph with your mods....which I am certain you could do.

When I was stock geared....3-modded, and sensor unplugged I managed to hit the rev limiter in 5th gear at WOT on a slight down hill grade....which according to math with 20 inch tires, stock gearing and 9000rpms (rev limit) thats 95mph!
Granted....it took down hill to do it! :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
wheelies are no problem. With my mods I can wheelie 1st-4th. 4th doest happen all the time though. Depends on the surface. With the yfz front shocks, there is a lot of down hill rake to the quad to overcome when trying to wheelie.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
LUPike said:
What is "the sensor. Can ya shed a little lite?
There is a speed sensor on the bike, its located on the drivers side by the vin number etching area. You can only have it unplugged for about 8 hours or so and the check engine light comes on. If you plug it back in it will turn back off again and your free to break the speed limit again. ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LUPike said:
BOOM, What is "the sensor"? You said
Remove the sensor (or unplug it)...
. Can ya shed a little lite?
There is a HUGE topic on it on here somewhere. Search "speed sensor"....your going to want to unplug it. You'll gain top speed!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I just got my raptor still breaking it in. When you guys are doing wheelies, you clutching it or jsut hammerin it and sitting back? I hate clutching it, my old 660 modded I could just hammer and 12:00 will happen. Is it pretty much like that?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no clutch here , just power. maybe a little pull in the higher gears. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
definately no clutching here. Just power and weight distribution.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sweet thats how I like it. :metal:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Seriously I look at my quad...and Im like hm...its doin that wheely thing again...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts