Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i really have to file down my case saver in order for the 15 tooth to fit? Some say YES and some say NO ...what is the real answer please?

·
Registered
575 Posts
no, it all fits fine...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had to file down my stock case-saver to get my 15 tooth to fit. I figured I was the only one, thought everyone bought aftermarket or ran without it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i had to file mine down too and i even used the hole for the 15t

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had to shave the case saver on the case side to move it forward and put the bolt through the other hole

·
Registered
262 Posts
Same here had grind the saver a little and move it. no big deal though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Alot of trial and error. I put the top bolt thru casesaver and loosely screwed it in then pushed the bottom towards the case until it made contact. The areas that it touched are where I filed it down. I took a little off and checked, then took a little more off, always following the contours of the case. I continued this until the lower bolt fit in the groove in front of the lower mounting hole of the case saver. Once it was filed, the lower bolt seemed to fit perfectly thru the top of the casesaver groove. It holds tight with close clearance to the sprocket. Anyone who's running the stock casesaver and a 15 tooth without grinding it is doing alot better than I was because mine would not go toghther without modding something. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts