Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
just toss the stock one in the trash and buy a pro design case saver and install it when u install the sprocket..looks alot better anyways..plus it fits a 15t

·
Registered
305 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
The stock one that came on my 700 fits just fine.
Same here. The stock one worked just fine. I think its just that since its a tighter fit after you put the 15t on most people say it wont fit. But it does you just have to put it all together 1 piece at a time. Dont try and put the cover, case saver and bolts together and then put it on the bike. The 14th you could do that but the 15t wouldnt let me. Its a tight fit. But it goes on.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i didnt put the cover back on. i cut the bolts down, and installed the case saver and done. makes changing and chain cleaning easier w/o the gay cover on..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gay??????? You'l think it's gay when the chain comes off by chance some day and smacks the shit out of your leg. Maybe even a trip to ER might make you feel gay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I forgot whats even better. some day you decide to take a spin just to showoff to your freinds and your in your civies and your pants leg gets caught up in the chain and cog and well you get the picture. :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
The cover that came on my Rap was plastic. I don't see how that plastic would stop a chain if it came off. It is cosmetic & hides the ugly stock case saver.
Back on topic. Get a Pro Design & call it good. The stock case saver doesn't look like it'd do much better than the plastic cover at stopping anything.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I've lost a shoelace to "the chain" already with the guard on, No guard seems a liitle crazy for me. You only get two legs, I ain't trying to temp the fates any more than the 686cc engine runnin' "the chain" :slap:

·
Registered
262 Posts
You wouldn't think so but it would slow it down alot. I do automotive frame work and I put blankets on the chains sometimes on a hard pull just slow it down if it braks loose. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.