Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy's banshee pulls away from me on top end and i was wondering if i should go with a 15 tooth sprocket to keep up. Just like any raptor i have plenty of low end power but didn't know if that would be too big and make my quad a pooch. Also is there enough slack and adjustment in the carrier for me to use a fifteen with the stock chain?

mods: pro design intake, white bros e-series slip on, JetsRUs jets and dynojet needles

·
Registered
137 Posts
yes you can use the stock chain just loosen it when you attempt to put it on, depending on the tire size you will get different results. If you have tires 20 inches or smaller then you should have plenty of power to work with to keep up with the banshee :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Honda Killer. I am running 20 inch Holeshots I hope it works out like I want. I would like to know how well you like your Curtis Sparks exhaust and how loud it is if you dont mind supplying an honest opinion.

·
Registered
350 Posts
NathanG04 said:
Thanks for the advice Honda Killer. I am running 20 inch Holeshots I hope it works out like I want. I would like to know how well you like your Curtis Sparks exhaust and how loud it is if you dont mind supplying an honest opinion.

I have the CS big core exhaust, just installed it recently. GREAT power gains with proper jetting/intake! But it is VERY loud

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have nothing to say about the the sparks exhaust except that it is fuc*ing awesome, massive power gain and loud as hell

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Honda_KiLlEr660R said:
I have nothing to say about the the sparks exhaust except that it is fuc*ing awesome, massive power gain and loud as hell
It is an excellent pipe, the only real drawbacks being price and noise level.

As for the sprocket, you may want to try a 14 first. 15 really slows the accelleration on a stock bike. They're only about 15 bucks a piece, no reason not to own at least one of each.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought both the 14 and the 15. The 15 was a little tall for my liking but wasn't bad really. All in all I am going to run the 14. Also I decided to save a little money so I bought a slip on instead of a full system and I went with the Dr. D. Amazing sound, great product, yet I was dissappointed because mine didnt come with an exhaust clamp. Lol if anybody wants a slightly used white brother e series slip on i'll pretty much give it a way just to get it out of my sight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i tried to install a 15tooth on my 660, and i pulled the swingarm all the way in and there is absolutely not enough chain on this thing. Am i doing something wrong??? its the stock chain, never changed it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 15 toother I used fit on my raptor no problem and I am runnin the stock chain. Im pretty sure I had plenty of room to spare. Explain what you mean by saying you pulled the swingarm all the way in. I will also back up from experience what Maddog previously said and I would try the 14 unless your just looking for mad top end or you have quite a few mods on your raptor.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've fit a 43 tooth rear and a 14 tooth front on mine with the stock chain.If thats a stock chain, somethings not loose to let the carrier slide forward enough, if you have a skid plate on the swing sometimes you have to losen that as well (the two rear bolts), and the two big carrier bolts that run through, same direction as the axle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I might add that I could not use the stock case guard when I put the 15 tooth on. I thought I read somewhere that you can use your case guard with a 15 but that was the biggest. Maybe I didnt get it just right or somthing but I couldn't get it to work without rubbing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts