Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am thinking about getting the 15 tooth on my somewhat modded 700r.

I have the 07 Se with

1. HMF Sport s/o
2. Dobeck
3. K&N on the way.

what is the process when getting the 15 tooth sprocket. How do you install it?

-Zach

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Pretty simple..

Take plastic cover off that covers sproket

Take screwdriver and bend back the taps on the "lock washer thing"

Big ass wrench and loosen the nut..

Loosen four allen bolts on the swingarm so you can loosen the chain

Take off sproket

Slide on new one

Install nut

Tighten chain to specs (see owners manual)

Pry the lock washer thing back in place

Replace plastic cover

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks. its way simple then. thanks you all

-Zach

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as you can tell I am not very expirenced with all of this. A couple more questions.

1. Rocky mtn has the 15t Sprocket for 7.99 and also a RENTHAL 15t Sprocket for 20.00 is there going to be a diff. between the 2.

2. Is tightening the chain easy? does the manual say how?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I bought the Rockymountain 7.99 one and works just fine.. Several other guys on here are runnin the same one too, nothin to worry about there

Also tightening the chain is very easy.. Manual shows exactly how do to it, and how tight to tighten it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rocky Mtn sprocket will work just fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
The primary drive brand (7.99) is just a softer steel. Renthals is stronger but the cheapy should do just fine. I actually saw a primary drive a couple weeks ago that had all its teeth ripped off in a race but its very rare and under extreme conditions everything has its limits.

·
Registered
575 Posts
where did you guys get your sprockets ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Air-warrior, its a 36mm socket, I had to go get one just for the mod (its pretty big). But the 15t is just about the best bang for your buck mod out there (imo). Enjoy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
There is a chance you will have to grind down the stock case saver to fit. Some of us have and others haven't. When you do it, Put the parking brake on and put it in 1st gear, This way you can break loose the nut on the drive shaft, then go around to the back of the bike and loosen the chain to give you some slack to allow room for the 15T to fit. Then once you have the chain back in place put the lock washer back on, tighten the sprocket nut down and then re-tighten the chain to specs.

Good luck and you will enjoy this mod

·
Registered
383 Posts
Good point roostin, another thing is that its really worth buying primary drive if you change your sprocket a lot by running multiple setups. You can have 2 and sometimes 3 different teeth options for the price of one renthal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.