Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got finished installing a 15t front on my bike, and after riding, the chain is hitting the sprocket cover pretty bad. the chain is not too loose, am i not supposed to put the cover back on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, the cover is not on wrong. i dont have any calipers to measure the sag in the chain, but i did the finger test compared to my yfz, and theyre pretty close. i tightened it up a hair, and will see if that does it. i really noticed it when i hit a big bump...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I helped a friend put one on over the weekend, and its damn close to the stock metal piece behind the plastic.

I was unsuccessful at putting one on mine. I have an aftermarket swingarm and chain......didnt have enough slack to fit the 15t.

·
Registered
689 Posts
The stock metal piece behind the plastic on mine had to be shaved a little in the corner then I had a nice fit on the 15T. Also when I ordered my case saver from epic I also had to shave a little to get a nice fit on the 15T.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the Pro Design case saver with the 15t. It's tight, but clears without modification.

DJ

·
Registered
226 Posts
from where? :eek:

·
Registered
728 Posts
i had the same problem, i found that if i left the bolts loose and pushed the saver away from the chain and retighten, never hit again. the holes in the saver are bigger than the bolt which allows some play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts