Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to purchase a 15T front sprocket for my beloved Rappy 700, but it appears that denniskirk has this thing back ordered until Feb!! That's just not going to work. What brands do you guys recommend and where do you recommend I buy it? All the talk has me very anxious to bolt this cheap mod on now!

·
Registered
75 Posts
try rocky mountain atv. do u know anyone who has run a 15 tooth sprocket. did it kill alot of bottom end? how much did it help on top end?

·
Registered
368 Posts
sjones700 said:
try rocky mountain atv. do u know anyone who has run a 15 tooth sprocket. did it kill alot of bottom end? how much did it help on top end?
Theres probably 2-3 recent topics praising the 15T sprocket and giving the details on it. Just look around.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....yeah.....as for finding it, I bought mine at rockymountainatv. you could try them or chapparel. Otherwise you are going to have to hunt!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I ordered my 15t from www.rockymountainatv.com for $14.99 shipped the week before last. I didn't notice a loss anywhere, if anything it felt like I gained throughout the gears. Instead of sitting there spinning my power away, I'm leaning on the tank putting torque to the ground. Second pulls like third and its hold the $uck on from there. I was worrying about losing bottom end like you, but I can assure you that you won't lose any. 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you gain everywhere......if anything you gain a but load of bottom end, as you are actually utilizing the power and putting it to the ground. Pulls like a freight train.
you really need to search though, as all of this has been thoroughly discussed on here....in multipul threads now. You can get a lot of info about it on here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
So the 15T is great for ... lets say, dragging vs. my neighbors trx 450r?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I beat a port and polish along with a couple of other things 450r with my stock gearing. If you start in second gear and shift just right, there isn't much you won't beat besides high dollar banshees. I can't wait to race again with my 15t installed. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
jwaked said:
The RENTHAL says Expected in stock feb 2, 2007. How good is the one that cost $7.99??? Isn´t that very cheap?

I have been running the cheap 15 tooth that they sell at RM ATV since it became avalible last Jan or so. I put it on with a new chain as well and it is wearing great. I switch back and forth between the 14 and the 15 on the front (depending on sand conditions) and am still running the stock tooth count sprocket on the rear. I have well over a 100hrs on my quad (closer to 150 now) at the dunes and at least 50 hrs of that is with the 15T front sprocket. I highly reccomend it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
absolutely for trail riding and hill climbs. I have yet to see/feel any negatives about running the thing!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just got mine, will be installing it this weekend. Got to tell you guys, super excellent service from Rocky Mounttain and shipped super fast.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
...."super" :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts