Raptor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 with the mods in my sig. I was reluctant to go up to a 15t sprocket for fear of throwing my speedo way off. I got an eTrex Vista Hcx (GPS) for my bday and found out the my speedo was 4-5 mph fast. I figured with the increase in gear ratio it might put me pretty close. I went out to Silver Lake this weekend and the gearing really felt great and seemed to be a lot closer to the GPS speed than it was stock.

I did some searches and found some limited info but I never seem to have much luck with the search. My question is how is my speed limiter calibrated? Meaning is it off engine RPM or Speedo reading? There is not enough room for me speed in Silver Lake but I got pretty close and it seemed slower on the top end. Are my mods not enough to get me to the top of 5th w/ a 15t? Would adding a Dynatek or other ignition (suggestions please) help me here? I have a basic understanding of gear ratios which more relate to cars/ trucks. Now sure if I should leave the 15t or go back to the 14t. I did ok on the drag strip for a stock internal 700. I'm not really looking to rip into the motor yet but any suggestions would be appreciated!

Also side question on the Dynatek. Do I have to create or download maps similar to PC3/ PC5? It removes the speed limiter right? Does it have any effect on the speedo?

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
take out the spark arresters throw in a ngk iridium and rev the gears out. speedo no speedo it dosent matter to me as long as im going faster then the person next to me!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The speed limiter kicks on in 5th gear on the 700. It retards the timing so much it won't go over 75-78mph. The dynatek will remove the speed limiter. No need to change maps unless you change pipes or intakes or add a cam. You could just do the big 5 or super 6(sick 6) as some call it for less than $1400. The good news is your over half way there
1. Fuel controler you have
2. Duals you have nice pick by the way DMC
3. Intake and filter kit you already have
4. Dynatek programable or not=200 or less used
5. +3 TB= 125-150
6. HotCams Stage 3(the bottom end loss is minium)

Non programable link for sale by a good seller he's a good dude
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69578

Here's another good guy to buy from a hotcam stage2 low hours
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69314

Then see if you can get a good deal on a bored TB good luck with the stock piston and a stage3 HC you'll be pushing 55-58Hp with 43-47Tq. That's on the stock piston with the SICK6!! I've seen dyno sheets to prove it and my last build was big3 dynatek and a hotcam3 in had the big5 and it was fast I just wanted faster,lol. Good luck and hope I helped.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speed limiter kicks on in 5th gear on the 700. It retards the timing so much it won't go over 75-78mph. The dynatek will remove the speed limiter. No need to change maps unless you change pipes or intakes or add a cam. You could just do the big 5 or super 6(sick 6) as some call it for less than $1400. The good news is your over half way there
5. +3 TB= 125-150

Next is 3 mod to Super 6
Super 6 consists of:
Ron Wood Pipe
Dynatek Fuel Controller
Prodesign Intake
Dynatek Ignition (non programmable)
Hot Cam Stage 3
KDS Bored Throttle Body (46mm)
Again we are making power above 7500 RPM.
This is the only run (the super 6) that is not the exact same bike as the rest. Its almost identical and the numbers all add up so I am calling it legit.
Average HP gain per 500 RPM = 17.7
Average TQ gain per 500 RPM = 11.3

Great info man!! Your always comin through with the good info! Thanks!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5. +3 TB= 125-150

Non programable link for sale by a good seller he's a good dude
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69578

Here's another good guy to buy from a hotcam stage2 low hours
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69314

Then see if you can get a good deal on a bored TB good luck with the stock piston and a stage3 HC you'll be pushing 55-58Hp with 43-47Tq. That's on the stock piston with the SICK6!! I've seen dyno sheets to prove it and my last build was big3 dynatek and a hotcam3 in had the big5 and it was fast I just wanted faster,lol. Good luck and hope I helped.

What do you mean good luck on the stock piston? How reliable will this set up be? I ride hard, far and a lot. Any issues? Thanks for the links I may grab that Dynatek

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I type to fast it's a run on sentence,lol. I meant good luck getting a deal on a used +3TB my bad. Alot of people aren't selling there's but they can be found. Make sure to get it from a reputable dealer that'd be my last mod if you do these mods. Because if you don't find a used one you gotta pull your TB off and send out to be bored by someone like DL700 or Steve at TQS. Sorry for the mix up.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No prob. I am thinking I am going to go with the Dynatek to get me started. Alos going to get an Iridium plug and do the plug wire mod. Thanks for your help as usual bro!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
That's what we're here for but that dynatek in link just sold. Get in touch with DL700 he'll get you a programable one that's what I have. It'll hive you more outta your options Dl has loaded the ones he sales with nice curves he'll let you know what curve to run with current mods and let him k ow your future mods and he'll have a curve set for those on it all ready the programble one is a bit more pricey but if your gonna do later mods worth it to me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
COol Thanks man......... just 1 more thing ... who is DL700??? lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Daniel the owner of high desert dyno. Here's his number he's got great base maps he came up with the 50/50 cam. He's a good dude he knows his stuff call him or search for him on here he's in California so times different.

(951) 743-6328

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool man. When you get your bike back let me know we can go hit up Silver Lake :cool:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Cool man. When you get your bike back let me know we can go hit up Silver Lake :cool:
I will I'm making a silverlake if I gotta take a tri-cycle,lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts