Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just installed my 15t sprocket and it went ok and quick... so i tightened my chain up and hoped on it to take off and it sounds like my chain is getting slack when im driving but when i stop and check it, it feels fine ?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its probably the timing chain inside the engine. Its a common noise on the 700's.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just looked again and you can see the chain like catch and and get slack or something... i read somewhere on here that some people have the trim something when putting the 15t on, could mine be hitting and making the chain jump ?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Chet said:
i just looked again and you can see the chain like catch and and get slack or something... i read somewhere on here that some people have the trim something when putting the 15t on, could mine be hitting and making the chain jump ?
Did you put the case saver in the second hole? There are two holes on the top mounting area and you need to use the other hole after you add the 15t. I personally just grinded mine down a little bit because It looked to close for comfort.

·
Registered
596 Posts
tera i just bought one. you dont have to add links or anything to the chain right. just adjust it like the manual says?

·
Registered
273 Posts
No you don't have to change anything the 15t works with all your stock parts in their original condition(no trimming needed). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
excellent. i just got done buyin it online and next thing i see here is chet havin probs with his chain....lol

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
upsguy said:
tera i just bought one. you dont have to add links or anything to the chain right. just adjust it like the manual says?
Ya, the chain is fine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Teraflx said:
Its probably the timing chain inside the engine. Its a common noise on the 700's.
Sorry to go off topic but I've noticed "the timing chain noise" getting more prominent over the last few rides. Booked in for 20 hour service next week, is there anything that shouls/could be done or do I just live with it?

Perhaps the dual DMC's being fitted the following week will drown out the noise :unsure:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the sprocket takes no time at all to put on and the chain tightening and loosening is a breeze... im not really what u call having trouble but, what if i just take the case saver(metal thing im guessing) off, would that do anything??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I trimmed my case saver you only need to take of an 1/8" if that so you get some good clearence, i wouldnt recomend removing it all together its called a case saver for a reason,if your chain breaks or jumps off the direction of rotation will throw the chain into your trans case :'( Not good :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
no problems at all with the case saver here....Renthal 15T

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i went with the primary drive :(, ill move the case saver around and maybe trim it up after i get home today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is a renthal 15T too the case saver wasnt touching when i put it on. but i just didnt like it being so close to the chain, And the case saver woudnt go to the next hole as it hit the case and wouldnt line up with the bolt hole

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
k checked on it and was grinding on the case saver, so i fixed that but when i go to take off it feels/looks like the chain is slipping or getting slack in it??? what could be causing that my chain is tight so this is confusing me ?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Sit on your 700 backwards and lean all the way over and check the slack, should be just over 1 inch of play in the chain. This is how I check it anyway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I want to get the 15t for my 700, but i dont want to buy a new chain and rear sprocket for now.. would it be bad to just replace the front sprocket and run it with my used chain and rear sprocket, my 700 has about 100 hours on it i would guess, but there isnt any noticable wear on the chain or sprockets.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts