Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, installed my hand warmers and 15t sprocket last night.

Took it for a ride this morning. Hand warmers work. Good!

And now with the 15t sprocket the thing just pulls like a freight train! Like it moved the powerband to the perfect spot... amazing! WOT in 5th down the highway felt like at least 70mph...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The 15t really does make the bike alot better. It just takes the power curve and puts it right where you want. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes it does at first I thought it slowed it down
but after I burned a few yfz 450 and one of them had the same modes as me. I also pulled the speed senser to, some really cheap good upgrades that are the sh!t. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly.. before it didn't feel fast. Now it feels fast! Jerking your arms. 2nd gear wheelies still, 3rd gear.. nope. The machine seems to be built to not wheelie so easy. Maybe the suspension settions or geometry?

The only issue I could see is that washer with the tabs.. after 1 or two swaps, if needed, that would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
912 Posts
i can pull the wheels up in third without yanking on the handlebars with no problem. If you short-shift through the first three gears and gun it right before going into fourth, it will come right up. Nothing like power-wheelies :thumbsup: 8)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
i can pull the wheels up in third without yanking on the handlebars with no problem. If you short-shift through the first three gears and gun it right before going into fourth, it will come right up. Nothing like power-wheelies :thumbsup: 8)
Seriously! These bikes pull up with ease. I dont think I have ever ridden a bike that pulls up easier. 8)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Teraflx said:
CAROLINA_700R said:
Seriously! These bikes pull up with ease. I dont think I have ever ridden a bike that pulls up easier. 8)
only time I can't is in 5th.. but I can walk it up 3rd and 4th... this this a wheely machine!

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
legbuh said:
Well, installed my hand warmers and 15t sprocket last night.

Took it for a ride this morning. Hand warmers work. Good!

And now with the 15t sprocket the thing just pulls like a freight train! Like it moved the powerband to the perfect spot... amazing! WOT in 5th down the highway felt like at least 70mph...
besides those mods are you stock?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just got my 15T the other day but I'm kind of wondering if I should put it on. I do alot of riding at Glamis and I'm worried about it affecting my dune shooting performance in a negative way. I weigh about 225-230 lbs.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I ride strictly sand and love to hill shoot. I run a 15t with 22x11x10 haulers and I love it for hill shooting. I am a little over paddled for serious dragging as I must come out in 1st gear but I weigh the same as you and this mod made 1st usable again and even seemed to improve all the gears. I have zero complaints and I am using a budget build, Dobeck, Pro-Design Intake and stock pipe with sparky removed.

Craig,

·
Registered
213 Posts
wheelies are instant in third, lil effort in 4th though. To get it up in 5th i gotta pop the clutch pretty hard, although ive been cruising down the road a few times and stood it straight up in 5th while going over a lil hill, so i guess it all depends on where your at in the band. i'm dyin to ride... the weather has just been so nasty lately :mad:

·
Registered
497 Posts
JJackson said:
You could change the sprocket back to 14 for the dune, keep the 15 for other activities.
I've tried the 14 and 15 in the dunes with 20" Sand Stars and the 15t is the hands down winner. With 22" paddles I would probably go with the 14 though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i just put mine on last weekend. took it out in the street. WHAT A DIFFERANCE! i just put new razor2's on the front and rear i weigh about 170-180. man first gear has never been better. i stuck with the stock sizes on the tires so i did not loose bottom end. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just installed mine the other day. Now thats what I'm talking about there. You can carry a wheelie alot further. It just stays in the power alot better. :thumbsup: I ain't going back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
man mine is all stock w/ 15t and im tellin ya i can lift and ride a wheelie in any gear 1-5, yes 5th takes a little more effort to get up but its still possible. if i come up strait i can shift all the way through the gears.(the rappy is the only bike ive ever riden that would do it) i cant wait to do the 3 mods then it will be a rocket ship i can wheelie to the moon :grin_nod:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do I need to have the big three, to put on the 15T? Will it hurt the bike if I don't have the mods?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You can run the 15t with the rest of the bike stock. It Wont hurt a thing.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.