Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going with the 15T up front should you change the rear sprocket size?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Depends on what your looking for but most people are happy with just a 15T upgrade.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i got just the 15t on a bone stock raptor, and now i beat my friend on his stock raptor. i am so happy i got it. you also dont have to shift as much in the trails.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would try the front sprocket first. Thats good for 2-3 teeth equivalency on the rear.

I havent seen a 16t, or I would say do that instead of a smaller rear. Reason being, the larger the sprocket, the easier it is on the chain.

Ill be putting my 15t on sat morning in Glamis.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey what is ya top speed with the set up you have now glamis700?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i read on a post a while back about the 15t being out of stock at rocky mountain, has anyone ordered one recently and where did you order from

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just orderd one recently at a local shop, not sure who they went through. there was two options 15t and 15t ultralight..... 8 dollar difference. i went with the basic

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been told that if you change your front sprocket it is a good idea to go ahead and get a new rear sprocket and a new chain because youre putting something new into a system that has already been brocken in together.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i just went ahead and shoved it with the old stuff :burnout:

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just put a PC3 on my raptor and run a K & N filter with the spark arester removed, I just put the 15 tooth on and took it for a ride yesterday on the Dunes in Florence, It helped my quad A LOT, it pulls stronger in the lower gears. I think I am having problems getting the top end power ot of it, it seems to flatten out in the midrange and doesn't rev like it did before I put the power commander on, i have tried 2 different maps (03 and 09) and it didn't really help. I know this might be the wrong place to ask BUT If anyone has any suggestions please P message me. Thanks, Grant......do the 15 tooth !!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Bush_Pilot said:
i just orderd one recently at a local shop, not sure who they went through. there was two options 15t and 15t ultralight..... 8 dollar difference. i went with the basic
Hopefully they ordered the right sprocket...I fear they were looking at a yfz, as the 700 does not have an option from renthal for the ultra light model.
I tried getting the ultra light, as that is what I ran on the yfz. Renthal does not make one for the 700.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yes

1 - 20 of 30 Posts