Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need to do an oil change and I’m going to buy some shell rotella oil. Not sure whether to get the t4 or t6.
the coldest I ride in is maybe 20 degrees Fahrenheit.

·
Super Moderator
8,508 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate with either one. T4 is conventional while T6 is synthetic. Either way let your machine warm to full operating temps.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't hesitate with either one. T4 is conventional while T6 is synthetic. Either way let your machine warm to full operating temps.
Oh.... well I picked up the t6 cause I’d rather be safe than sorry. And I’m glad cause I prefer full synthetic. That’s why it was a whole $10 more.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a recommendation for oil filters? The k&n at $12 each are killing me. Half my cost is just fricken the oil filter in a change. And does anyone know where to get new o rings and washers for the oil plugs?

·
Super Moderator
8,508 Posts
I have always gotten the cheap filters from rockymountainatv.com and never had any issues. Look at their OEM schematic and order that route for the o rings

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Where are you buying parts?
K&n oil filter, kn-145 is $7.50 or less all over the internet.
Oem filters, which I always use, are $8.50 from Rocky Mountain.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you buying parts?
K&n oil filter, kn-145 is $7.50 or less all over the internet.
Oem filters, which I always use, are $8.50 from Rocky Mountain.
Local parts stores......
Thanks. Ill have to look into those.
I have always gotten the cheap filters from rockymountainatv.com and never had any issues. Look at their OEM schematic and order that route for the o rings
[/QUthose.

The tusk brand? I tried that before and it was a terrible fit. Don't know if it was just that one or what...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts