Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just paid 17 bucks at the dealer for an oil filter for my 660. i just bought the 4 wheeler, so this is my 1st oil change. is there any other place to get the yamaha filters or maybe another brand for cheeper?? 17 dollars is just f'in crazy!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah that made me sick!!!! I went to my local shop and they ram rodded me too. I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME THERE. So now I am ordering all my stuff off line. at least if i get screwed I feel like im getting some pleasure out of a long distance relationship.the local shop didnt eve lube me...... makes me sick

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know how ya feel, my local shop doesnt keep anything in stock anyway plus they are expensive, anything I want I would have to wait at least a week anyway so I figure why not buy offline and have it delivered to me anyway :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i use a k&n hp1010 its a little longer than stock and it does seem to help cool the motor better plus its a better filter, i think i paid around 12 for one.
mike

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Shift_This said:
i just paid 17 bucks at the dealer for an oil filter for my 660. i just bought the 4 wheeler, so this is my 1st oil change. is there any other place to get the yamaha filters or maybe another brand for cheeper?? 17 dollars is just f'in crazy!!!
Check the documentation sticky at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use a Bosch 3300. No problems.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Like MADDOG said check the sticky, Its a list of a bunch of alternate filters that will work. Like fram, napa gold, stp etc. lists actual filter numbers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
if you go to oreilly's wix makes one for about 10 bucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts