Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered some 18x10x9 holeshot mxr6 tires and they look really small but i dont have them mounted. should i keep them or go to the 19x10x9. i like the stock gearing with the 20s but they actually measure 18.5 so thats y i got the 18 holeshots. what would u guys do?

·
Registered
48 Posts
what size tires u running in the front i read on here about how mxers all run 18s in rear 20s in front for added stability thats what i plan on doing im tired of sitting as high as a utility quad

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am askin will there be a huge loss in top end and will it rev up alot with the 18s. i dont really need n e more torque it has alot to begin with. i just want new tires wit ha little more bite and keep the same ratio

·
Registered
48 Posts
i mean they might slow your top speed down but shouldnt affect that much but their gonna be alot easier to spin also and should be more torquey lets see what some pro has to say i race dirtbikes and just bought a raptor so this is just my idea

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i have 18" razr mx on the back of mine they are a little smaller than the holeshots, bike got crazy torque now, i always find myself trying to grab another gear though in the topend. they were on a set of beadlocks i bought so i figured i'd burn em up before i put 20's on the beadlocks lol. They are terrible in the rutted/ muddy trails i know that lol skidplate on ground everywhere. So i guess it depends what kinda riding you'll be doing

·
Registered
211 Posts
18's are for mx set up too small if you trail ride ,lowers you to the ground but it will give you alot more wheel speed in corners :thumbsup: i run kenda knarly's and mx4r hole shots in the back18"s and 20"s in front but i am a mx'r

1 - 9 of 9 Posts