Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not raptor related but this is the off-topic lounge.... Im thinking about buying this bike tommorow and dont know too much about it. If any of you have had 250 2-strokes I would appreciate your input. Its a little rough but motor wise is supposably sound. I havent seen it in person yet but am driving 2 hours tommorow to look/buy it. He was asking $1200 but he said will take $1000, I think its a preety good deal. I want something for times like now when my raptor isnt running, a back-up bike. I also like dirtbikes and it would be fun to switch it up sometimes. I can also sell some of the parts it comes with on ebay. What do you all think? Heres the link to the ad -----

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,20687.0.html

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
oh ok, to me it looked like a mini bike at first............but yea get it fixed and it shoud be good, my dad rode dirtbikes since he was 7 and he will take my raptor out and have fun because his favorite part is the torq. but he still always says not quite as fun as my old 250!

·
Registered
679 Posts
yea my dad ha a kx 250 and that thing hauled ass. any where he would open up the throttle there would be roost about 5 feet behind him. it was a bad ass bike.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bought it last night, rode it today with my buddy that has a new suzuki 450 dirtbike. Scary fast, not used to 2 wheels yet. Cant keep the front end down through 1-3 on pavement no matter how hard I try at WOT. Scary when you hit a jump and lean back when you land and twist the throttle back by accident and almost die. Twist throttle seems dangerous. Ill get used to it, had a bike before, just not this fast. Biotch to kick start since it sits up so high and Im 6-1". Its fun though, but alot different

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Congrats on the two-wheeler. I have a '94 KX 250 sitting in the garage keeping the raptor company. It needs a top end and hasn't seen dirt since I got the rappy, but lately I've had the itch to take it out again, so we'll see. They are brutally fast and will kick your @$$ if you're not ready for it. If it runs good, $900 was a steal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.