Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys many of you know me..
I am curently running the big 3.
I have a HC3 coming (thanks to a great friend i can't thank him enough)
I have never did anything like this befor!
So I need the run down! What gaskets? and all that info you don't think about. I would like to get it all from one place to save on shipping.. I am told by another friend that doing this is stupid. What do you think??? I need this to last 2 years (I take care of my rappy I change oil and do everything I can for it BUT I ride hard) Do you think if I went with a TECH piston and cam it would last 2 years?
I might as well do piston when I'm down there right?
And what about honing? I AM A NEWB so I really need the run down.
Thanks sooo much! :)

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also would like to add that I have all the stuff to do the cam and I could do it no prob BUT I want to do this and be done! (for a year or two) I need this thing reliabe I ride at night miles away from anthing were cells don't work so should I replce valve springs or anything like that? Thanks again!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Someone help the guy. I've been around many high compression big bores and big bore strokers. Dales 770 at 13.25:1 compression and HC3 ran for well over 100 hrs I'd say closer to 200. Chris has a 741 that's been going strong for a couple years. Preddy's bike been around a while. A piston will add more grunt but not a necessity right now as you leave the head of the bike for hotcams. Springs would be a nice upgrade but not a necessity if you don't have a after market ignition such as a dynatek.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Just eat beans sheesh! Bring lighter! LMAO 100 BP garanteed!!! BP= Butt Power!

Can only help with funny comments im also a NEWB/NOOB. Sorry Blue!

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK FACT 1: It will last. That is setteld i will tell the dude to suck my dust!
I know I don't need the piston but I want it :)

So it looks like a gasket kit (I have it picked out THANKS to spider)
What springs would you recomend/how to put em in?
I just need some info/tips on how to put in the piston/honing... Then I'm set..
the piston is 210 and gaskets are 60 feelers for the valves are 10..
I don't have much money BUT I want to do the piston...(I just sold some tires so i got a lil bit more and if I didn't have the HC3 this would not be possible)... Thanks..

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Bla bla bla bla? Oh man you got to edit that post LMAO!!!

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK FACT 1: It will last. That is setteld i will tell the dude to suck my dust!
I know I don't need the piston but I want it :)

So it looks like a gasket kit (I have it picked out THANKS to spider)
What springs would you recomend/how to put em in?
I just need some info/tips on how to put in the piston/honing... Then I'm set..
the piston is 210 and gaskets are 60 feelers for the valves are 10..
I don't have much money BUT I want to do the piston...(I just sold some tires so i got a lil bit more and if I didn't have the HC3 this would not be possible)... Thanks..
^^^^^^^^ Back on topic...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Just for you man...
So finally going in the motor...Thats going to be one sweet ride!!! Have you checked you tube or repair manual to get the info on the gaskets and odd ends?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Dammit i dont have that manual with me dammit! Its on here somewhere to download. My pc is fooked or i would e-mail it to you.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Read this thread it's short. DL700 makes a cam swapping kits 30 bucks. I may have it laying around if so you can have it. Here's link to the thread with dyno sheets. Then you can through that 13t away and go back 14t or 15t unless you hit power robbing sand dunes.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Read this thread it's short. DL700 makes a cam swapping kits 30 bucks. I may have it laying around if so you can have it. Here's link to the thread with dyno sheets. Then you can through that 13t away and go back 14t or 15t unless you hit power robbing sand dunes.
Sure will:) but there is no link:confused: I have ALL the stuff for the cam other than the all thread if i new what size thread it was i could get it at a hardwear store...

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK cool Looks like I am getting there now that I have everything for the cam (now that i know it is a m6) Just need to know about honing (I was told you should hone it)
I want the piston because I am in love with low end thats why...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
1 - 20 of 92 Posts