Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I am a new raptor owner. i sold my gsxr1000 for the 700. i figured i had a lucky stretch never down or hurt, plus i consider myself a pretty good stunter anyway after about 8 years of this i decided to go dirt, sand or what ever. i've never riden a quad but i know i like torque and came up with this bike. i really dont care about what is the fastest stock cause most everyone adds mods, it's part of who you are, and lets face it the person with the most money is the fastest no matter what they ride. you win the race today, tonite their quad is in the shop getting upgraded and 3 days later he smokes you, then you do the same, and so on and so on. what i really want to know is the cost of the first service. here the yamaha dealership said it would cost around $500. for the 1st service at 10hrs and another $500 at 50hrs. is this right? i have had a few bikes in my day and never paid over $150 for the 1st service. what's the real deal on this? :3question: for my first few mods got AC frame and swingarm skids, a vapor unit, and pro armor nerfs. after breakin will add the K&N filter Power Commander, and most likely the balance pipe full system.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
good question buddy, also ....

what all goes into the 1st service?
I should be looking in my manual but i'm at work....
but i wouldn't mind seeing an off top list of what 500$ gets you...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what i thought abut the same as a sportbike. these guys over here are nuts. thanks! i'll go over to another city to get my service done.

·
Registered
824 Posts
yea from what ive been readng this past week on this forum, i never ready anybodys post with being that high for the service.

like u said check somewhere else and see what they say

goodluck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow. I paid $64 to adjust the valves at the dealership and they charged $64 for my wifes too. I would run real fast. :)

·
GO BLUE!!!
641 Posts
Wow thats high, I paid $130 for my 1st

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was quoted at 240 for the 1st service, screw that, its not that hard to adjust valves, change oil, and all that other good stuff mentiond in the service manual

·
Registered
43 Posts
4syth1 said:
hello all, I am a new raptor owner. i sold my gsxr1000 for the 700.
You're going to miss your liter bike! I had a '00 R1, and I sold it with the same thinking you had, and bought a brand new '03 Raptor to replace it. And then a year or so later I missed the bike so much, that I sold that and bought a '04 R1. I've had that for a few years, and now I was missing the dirt again, so I just bought a '06 Raptor in July. But this time, I kept the R1 too! I told my wife that I wasn't going to keep flip flopping, and that I wouldn't be happy until I owned both at the same time!! So now I have the true pleasure of having the best of both worlds, street and dirt! Congrats and enjoy that new Raptor, but it'll never replace the excitement your Gixxer gave you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts