Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what a +6 swingarm looks like on our bikes? Would it be over kill for mainly a trail bike? I'd like to do atleast a +4 because when I do race it its on the street.... Any advice?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i run a +4 and i mostly trail ride with some drag racing mixed in and it does great. just remember you will need to get the rear shock revalved with a +4.
mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
02raptor660 said:
i run a +4 and i mostly trail ride with some drag racing mixed in and it does great. just remember you will need to get the rear shock revalved with a +4.
mike
:thumbsup: Yep, I run a tucker +4.

·
Registered
176 Posts
+2 worked out perfect for my bike. I ride mostly trails, with some mx mixed in. It really tamed it down on hill climbs and the unpredictable wheelies. On a tight budget, extending the stock +2 ran me right around $100 with new chain purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how did you extend the stock swing arm? did you have to take it to a welding shop or did you do it yourself. i was thinking of extending mine as well

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a friend do the welding. Anyone that can weld aluminum should be able to do this (a reputable welding/fabrication shop)

bought the material from a shop on ebay called speedymetals. I can give you more info if you want..ill have to dig up the receipts.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The +2 is the best trail length and good for most semi-stock machines IMO, and should have been the 660's original length. Excellent in trails and still carves well while keeping the nose closer to the ground more often.

The +4 does a good job of keeping the nose down, when you want it to. It can still bring it up with a decent amount of power, which most with extended swingers have. It's still agile in the trails and allows for confident powerslides.

The +6 is really starting to enter straight line territory, but it's not useless in a corner. My bike will bring the front end up, but it's rarely dramatic and always short lived. With a widened machine it's still quite laterally stable and capable of spinning round. In the trails I find it fine on the long, wide sections but have tagged a number of trees, stumps and rocks with the back wheels when in tight conditions.

OEM Extended 2 inches:

Houser +4:

Alba +6:

·
Registered
282 Posts
02raptor660 said:
mike
[/quote

Who can revalve the stock rear shock for a +4 swingarm? thnks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I love that CT graphics kit. Second best only to the Skin one, which is too hardcore (it represents Hardcore, low-life MXers where i live.

·
Registered
176 Posts
NewJerseyRaptor said:
what where the deminsions of the material that you got from speedy? ex.square tube, block?? and what type?? aluminum,alloy,steel???? Thanks :thumbsup:
Solid stock 6061 aluminum

3"x6" 2" thick

sheet 6061 aluminum

12"x12" 1/4" thick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts