Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of any good +2 a arms that use the stock shock?

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
I run + 2 Wicked A-arms, for stock shocks & love them. Check them out on E-bay. ;)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
All the major companies do, i run lsr (lone star racing) you get what you pay for and these are one of the best and toughest a arms out there

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess a better question would be is it worth buying a set of +2 a arms if im going to use the stock shocks

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I think so. I am very happy with my +3" a-arms and stock shocks. And +2" would be a better ride on stockers than +3's...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks. i have just started riding on mx tracks a little bit and wanted the rappy to be a little more stable. i adjusted the shocks and havent had any problems with bottoming out its just not that solid in the corners. and yes i use alot of butt english lol

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I think so. I am very happy with my +3" a-arms and stock shocks. And +2" would be a better ride on stockers than +3's...
The 700 with +2 is wider than a 350 with +3. Tack, it is worth it to have the +2 with the resi shocks and once you get them you'll understand why.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts

Thats what u said^^^. Im trying to figure out why you think +2 width rides better than +3 width?

I understand that... I never said anything about a 700 with +2's being narrower. My quad is wider than a quad with +2's though. I just said that I am happy with my +3's and stock shocks?
You mean your 350 with +3 width is wider than a 350 with +2 width?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
The shocks will preform more "stock" like with +2's than +3's. No, my bike is wider than a 700 with +2's!
Your bike stock is 43.1 wide mine is 46.1 wide, which means your -3" to start. Mine is 46" plus +2 = 50". Your bike is 43" plus +3 = 49". So Your 1" narrower than +2's. Im @ 52" and i know your not that wide. And no +2's will not perform like stock because extra leverage is extra leverage so the wider it so the softer the shock will feel.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
:lol: I never said they will ride like stock, I said "more stock than +3's" BTW, I am 52" I have wheel spacers...
That's impressive if you do have yours that wide, but its gotta have alotof bumpsteer with 1 1/2" wide spacers. I wanna see pics of the tape measure of your 52":D

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Rappy'97 made the point that +3 a-arms would put even more leverage on the stock shocks than a set of +2 a-arms.

He drew the conclusion that since his stock shocks worked ok with +3 a-arms, any other yamaha atv, like the 700, would also be able to handle a-arms that are +3 over stock. He reasoned that if the 700 shocks could handle +3 over stock, like his 350 can, then the 700 shocks would perform even better if they were used with +2 a-arms.

The shock's performance would be diminished when compared to performance on an OEM width front end.

Extended a-arms with stock shocks leaves you with a very soft suspension that will soak up very little before it comes crashing to the bottom of your travel. You're more likely to damage the shock or blow it out because of the insufficient spring rate.

That said, if you stick to smoother routes, keep your speed down and your tires on the ground you can get by with them until you can afford to step up to another, better shock.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Front looks dropped... are you using LT arms with stock length shocks?

I've been running my 700 at 52" for a while and I feel it's too wide (not using spacers) and I'm not liking it much, can't imagine how much I'd hate it with spacers :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No, just standard FullFlight +3's with DuraBlue spacers. It lowered it a couple inches for sure!
Anyone else thinks something is wrong with this? Widening should not drop your front... If anything it should raise it a bit if geometry is respected...

?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
From what i know LT a arms are the same price as ST a arms :lol:. And the added leverage on his stock shocks I would assume would cause a whole lot of sag. Causing it to lower.

P.S.
I would not be running spacers w/ +3 arms :lol:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Rappy'97 made the point that +3 a-arms would put even more leverage on the stock shocks than a set of +2 a-arms.

He drew the conclusion that since his stock shocks worked ok with +3 a-arms, any other yamaha atv, like the 700, would also be able to handle a-arms that are +3 over stock. He reasoned that if the 700 shocks could handle +3 over stock, like his 350 can, then the 700 shocks would perform even better if they were used with +2 a-arms.

The shock's performance would be diminished when compared to performance on an OEM width front end.

Extended a-arms with stock shocks leaves you with a very soft suspension that will soak up very little before it comes crashing to the bottom of your travel. You're more likely to damage the shock or blow it out because of the insufficient spring rate.

That said, if you stick to smoother routes, keep your speed down and your tires on the ground you can get by with them until you can afford to step up to another, better shock.

Thats great and all but there's nothing wrong with the stock resi's with hi & lo comp. His pogos other hand are not gonna handle it for very long. With mine i can mess with the hi & lo comp, rebound and preload which can compensate for the extra leverage. That's not what i was having a conversation with him about, the fact that he thought he was wider than a 700 with +2's which he isn't if you take his spacers off. Its all good fun no worries, thanks for clarifying that though md.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Anyone else thinks something is wrong with this? Widening should not drop your front... If anything it should raise it a bit if geometry is respected...

?
I agree Qc, his a arms are almost flat like the road raptors from europe, not much travel left in them. Hell also find out about bump steer when he's riding the trails with those spacers. He's young though...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts