Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading but really haven't found any answers to my questions so far. I ride mostly loose gravel and some hard pack dirt trails, Im wondering if it would be worth investing into some +2 A-Arms from houser long travel. any input would be a ton of help.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
most trails have a 50in limit...

if you wanting a full LT front end setup your lookin at around 2k new (shocks, aarms, brake lines, ect). for the riding you described id go with some ST travel +2 a-arms and some SE OEM shocks (rebuilt to your spec would be even better). that would be below half the cost of a LT setup. all depends on what your budget is...

I run LSR but there are many other companies that make quality a-arms. Houser is a great company. check out KBMATV.com, he has premade kits...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
most trails have a 50in limit...

if you wanting a full LT front end setup your lookin at around 2k new (shocks, aarms, brake lines, ect). for the riding you described id go with some ST travel +2 a-arms and some SE OEM shocks (rebuilt to your spec would be even better). that would be below half the cost of a LT setup. all depends on what your budget is...

I run LSR but there are many other companies that make quality a-arms. Houser is a great company. check out KBMATV.com, he has premade kits...
I agree with Adam based on the riding conditions you posted a standard travel setup should meet your expectations. I'd go with a set of +2 a-arms for the extra corning stability. Although, if the loose gravel has rocks the size of your front rims you may want to forget what I said about going standard travel, and go with a stabilizer and a good long travel kit. Give us a call at 270-774-1982 if I knew more about your riding area I'd point you in the right direction.

Thanks Adam for the name drop!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Regular or LT there Grover? Which brand how much I'm wanting some but wanna stay 50inches max width what is it from factory(width up front)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Thanks I don't think I need long travel as I don't go over anything the rear axcel would hang on or really air it out just need a little stability in corners on the regular +2 are the shock mounts in the same position/place so geometry ain't affected?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im stationed out in Colorado springs so its mainly hills. but when im back in iowa its flat trails with alot of speed i weigh in about 190 with all the gear on. I hope this helps you with figuring out what would fit me best

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
well im stationed out in Colorado springs so its mainly hills. but when im back in iowa its flat trails with alot of speed i weigh in about 190 with all the gear on. I hope this helps you with figuring out what would fit me best
You ever run the road upto pikes peak? That's a dream of mine. Before I'm 50 I'm doing it sorry for jacking thread.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
You can go with +2 arms easy and fit on 50" trails. If for some reason you are to wide get a set of 4+1 offset front rims. I run a +2 a arm for flat track racing and run the 4+1 rims and iam AMA dirt track 50" legal

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya pikes peak is amazing ive got to watch the rally racing there before and they have giant coin purses for the speed and no guard rails

1 - 14 of 14 Posts