Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my raptor was at my aunt and uncles house for the time being because the shop was right down the street and I would just ride it to the shop. I went to ride it on Sunday and it was feeling pretty good. I parked the raptor outside and went in to talk and whatnot for a couple hours and when I came outside I saw wires and hoses hanging out the side of my quad, the tail light wire was ripped out and the fullbore plastics were all scratched and bent up. I immediately thought someone vandalized it.

Then, in my fury, I noticed the dogs sitting on the other side of the yard looking guilty. My first idea was to open the airbox to see if there was a mouse in there and sure as shit there was a mouse just looking at me and a shitload of grass and feathers.. I haven't been able to ride the quad barely and I was working on it all summer because the jackass I bought it from cobbled it together which left me with a bunch of work. (my fault for being stupid enough to buy it.) Anyways after the mint plastics, fully rebuilt engine built by THUMPER 01, and other miscellaneous parts, I was excited to have it in good condition and running well.

NOW IT WONT EVEN START!! AHH! My Uncle and I connected and taped up what we thought was all the hoses and wires that were hanging out. It will just keep turning over. There is a clear hose hanging out the side that I am unsure of, I thought it was just a aerator type hose not sure. Any advice? Thanks. This Raptor has been a curse to me since I bought it.. nothing gives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U mean the ones right by the battery? they seemed to be fine, that little distributor block or whatever it was, was ticking when it was turning over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you check for spark yet?
Well we checked to make sure the wire was attached but we didn't check the spark technically. I'm going to college so I live in the city about 45minutes away from my fourwheeler so I had to get home. I have to make time to get over there to check it out again.

Whats up with the mouse in the airbox? LOL... This isn't making sense to me...
As for the mouse.. the fucker climbed in there. It was parked under a lofted playplace for a couple weeks and the mouse must of said, look, a fourhwheeler. Let me climb in that shit and make a nest in the airbox. I'm assuming it climbed in through those two open air hoses that are attached to the lid. The funny thing is when I was trying to kill it, it jumped out and ran in my uncles garage where the quad is now parked haha stupid shit.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
So you think the dogs were after the mouse? Dang man, glad there no cats around or your mess would be totaled... LOL..

In all seriousness though, I hope you get it fixed... I would certainly be pissed about that...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you think the dogs were after the mouse? Dang man, glad there no cats around or your mess would be totaled... LOL..

In all seriousness though, I hope you get it fixed... I would certainly be pissed about that...
Haha! ya. I couldn't imagine if there were cats around. They probably woulda lit it on fire and... neways. Yes the mouse in the airbox led me to beleive that's why the dogs f'd up my quad. Unless they just hate Yamaha, but its been sitting outside just under a little shelter and they coulda tore it up whenever they wanted which was weird.. I feel like i deserve this someone to buy me new plastics but I'm not gunna ask lol. If my dog tore up someones fourwheeler I would probably pay for the damage.. that's just how it goes but ohh well. #toughworldoutthere

1 - 8 of 8 Posts